We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

problem with selecting cells

i have a customised cell model public class ToolTipStaticCellModel : GridStaticCellModel in which i only override the public override GridCellRendererBase CreateRenderer(GridControlBase control) { return new ToolTipStaticCellRenderer(ContainingGrid,control, this); } and in my customised renderer, i override protected override int OnHitTest(int rowIndex, int colIndex, MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller) { if (controller != null && controller.Name == "SelectCells") return GridHitTestContext.Cell; return base.OnHitTest(rowIndex,colIndex,e,controller); } so that i can handle the mouse events and display a tool tip for the cells this works fine except when i try to hold down the mouse and select multiple cells, it doesn''t let me select is there an easy way around this? thanks in advance!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2004 10:44 PM UTC

Can you not use the build-in support for CellTips, setting the style.CellTipText property?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2004 11:00 PM UTC

>Can you not use the build-in support for CellTips, setting the style.CellTipText property? thanks Clay but the version i have doesn''t seem to have such support i got version 1.5.2.0

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2004 05:17 AM UTC

Here is a KB link that shows how you might use the Windows Forms ToolTip to show cell tips. It should work in 1.5.2 without deriving a cell control. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10068

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon