We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

problem with selecting cells

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

14001 May 16,2004 05:40 PM May 17,2004 01:17 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
jacky chen
Asked On May 16, 2004 05:40 PM

i have a customised cell model public class ToolTipStaticCellModel : GridStaticCellModel in which i only override the public override GridCellRendererBase CreateRenderer(GridControlBase control) { return new ToolTipStaticCellRenderer(ContainingGrid,control, this); } and in my customised renderer, i override protected override int OnHitTest(int rowIndex, int colIndex, MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller) { if (controller != null && controller.Name == "SelectCells") return GridHitTestContext.Cell; return base.OnHitTest(rowIndex,colIndex,e,controller); } so that i can handle the mouse events and display a tool tip for the cells this works fine except when i try to hold down the mouse and select multiple cells, it doesn''t let me select is there an easy way around this? thanks in advance!

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 16, 2004 06:44 PM

Can you not use the build-in support for CellTips, setting the style.CellTipText property?

Replied On May 16, 2004 07:00 PM

>Can you not use the build-in support for CellTips, setting the style.CellTipText property? thanks Clay but the version i have doesn''t seem to have such support i got version 1.5.2.0

Replied On May 17, 2004 01:17 AM

Here is a KB link that shows how you might use the Windows Forms ToolTip to show cell tips. It should work in 1.5.2 without deriving a cell control. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10068

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;