We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merging menu items across inherited forms

Hi, I''m building an MDI application that uses visual inheritance both for the main form and the child forms. Thus, MainForm derives from MainFormBase and LinkedViewForm derives from DockingForm. I''m having trouble merging menu items. My main menu (defined in MainFormBase) includes a Windows menu. I''ve defined an equivalent Windows Menu in DockingForm and placed a couple bar items on it which I''d like to have merged at run-time. I''ve verified that merge order , Text and ID match and have tried setting the MergeType properties to Add and also to MergeItems. Unfortunately, no matter what I''ve tried, I can''t seem to have my the Window bar items I defined in DockingForm (the base client form) show up in the Windows menu at run-time. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jay Cincotta

2 Replies

JC Jay Cincotta May 14, 2004 04:54 PM UTC

some more information... I can see the menu items at run-time in the customization dialog and if I add them to the menu at run-time, my persisted menu configuration is saved and correctly restored in future sessions. What I have yet to do is figure out how to have those items appear in the menu by default when a user first runs the application. I simulate this by deleting my isolated storage file. Thanks in advance, Jay

JC Jay Cincotta May 19, 2004 06:12 PM UTC

Stupid me, my problem was that I''d neglected to set the IsMainMenu option on my child menu bar. Hence, it didn''t merge with the main menu bar in my MDI container.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon