We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Setting Selected Values

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

139497 Aug 27,2018 04:31 PM UTC Sep 11,2018 12:33 PM UTC Xamarin.Android 3
Tags: SfAutoComplete
Blake Gilbert
Asked On August 27, 2018 04:31 PM UTC

Hi,

My issue relates to the SfAutoComplete multi selection. I am trying to set the selected token values based on a list of items. I have tried to set these values using SfAutoComplete.SelectedValue but this did not work.

For example 
 List<object> list1
SfAutoComplete.DataSource = list1

List<object> list2 (I would like to be able to take the items from list2 and set the token values for the auto complete)

SfAutoComplete.SelectedValue = list2 (this is what I have attempted).

Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you

Paul Anderson S [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 28, 2018 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Blake, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Support. 

Query: ”Setting Selected Values ” 
We have analyzed the reported requirement and currently SelectedItem can be used for setting the selected values in the AutoComplete TextBox. We have created a sample based on your given code snippet. Please have a sample from the following link. 

In our sample we have one list(Colors) that set into the DataSource and used another List(SelectionObject) that is set to the SelectedItem. Now the SelectedItem will display the  
SelectionObject list. 

Please let us know if you have any other concern. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Blake Gilbert
Replied On September 8, 2018 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the late response. The sample that you have provided is in Xamarin Forms. I am looking for a solution in Xamarin Android. Will it be possible to provide a sample using Xamarin Android?

Thanks

Paul Anderson S [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 11, 2018 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Blake, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have prepared a sample for “Setting the selected value” in Xamarin.Android platform. Please have the sample from the following link 

Please let us know if you have any other concern. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon