We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting Selected Values

Hi,

My issue relates to the SfAutoComplete multi selection. I am trying to set the selected token values based on a list of items. I have tried to set these values using SfAutoComplete.SelectedValue but this did not work.

For example 
 List<object> list1
SfAutoComplete.DataSource = list1

List<object> list2 (I would like to be able to take the items from list2 and set the token values for the auto complete)

SfAutoComplete.SelectedValue = list2 (this is what I have attempted).

Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you

3 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 28, 2018 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Blake, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Support. 

Query: ”Setting Selected Values ” 
We have analyzed the reported requirement and currently SelectedItem can be used for setting the selected values in the AutoComplete TextBox. We have created a sample based on your given code snippet. Please have a sample from the following link. 

In our sample we have one list(Colors) that set into the DataSource and used another List(SelectionObject) that is set to the SelectedItem. Now the SelectedItem will display the  
SelectionObject list. 

Please let us know if you have any other concern. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

BG Blake Gilbert September 8, 2018 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the late response. The sample that you have provided is in Xamarin Forms. I am looking for a solution in Xamarin Android. Will it be possible to provide a sample using Xamarin Android?

Thanks

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team September 11, 2018 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Blake, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have prepared a sample for “Setting the selected value” in Xamarin.Android platform. Please have the sample from the following link 

Please let us know if you have any other concern. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon