We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to edit with different cell types using covered ranges

Hi, Our grid displays data of different granularity - the columns may be monthly but the input data might be quarterly, yearly, or just once for the whole grid. To display this, we would like to use covered ranges to cover the appropriate number of columns - i.e. quarterly - 3 columns, annual - 12, and total - all (could be upt to 100 columns). The previous sample for covered ranges shows how to edit this data for a textbox but if the cell type is a checkbox or monthly calendar, we can not see the checkbox at all. We can not see the monthly calendar drop down if the covered range spans more than one screen. What would be the best way to hook in the edit handlers for these controls when using covered ranges? Thanks again and for all your great help so far! Corinne

2 Replies

CM Corinne Muir May 13, 2004 02:36 PM UTC

It seems that the gridControl1_DrawCell handler was causing some issues - if I comment out the code in that function in the example (10790) - the checkbox will appear and the covered range works great - why would I need that drawcell handler? There is still an issue with seeing the drop down arrow for the month calendar unless you are at the last cell of the grid. To test this, change the textline in the example to and add the cell type. this.gridControl1.RowStyles[2].Text = "12/12/2000"; this.gridControl1.RowStyles[2].CellType = "MonthCalendar"; now try resizing or scrolling with the horizontal scroll bar - the month calendar ''sometimes'' appears. Ideas on how to get the calendar drop down always at the last visible column? Thanks again, Corinne

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 13, 2004 04:20 PM UTC

One simple way to always see the button is to put it on the left. Having it on the right will draw it off the screen unless the last visible column is perfectly visible without a partical column showing. this.gridControl1.RowStyles[2].TextAlign = GridTextAlign.Right; Another option is to use the Border.Margin to move the button in, setting these style properties dynamically in QueryCellInfo. Here is a little sample. 10790_3404.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon