We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ADO .NET Dataset support in Chart control

According to the Syncfusion chart user guide under "Chart Control"->"Chart Data Model"->"Custom Models" : "The chart comes packaged with several models out of the box allowing it to easily display data from any ADO.NET data source, Essential Grouping´s grouping table and several other variants." I am trying to display a line chart from a data table. I could not find any more help or references to getting a DataTable into the chart''s Series data other than implementing IChartSeriesModel myself for DataTable data. But from the user guide I get the feeling that there is already an "out of the box" class written which already does this. If anyone knows about this class, the help would be most usefull. Thanks.

7 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 13, 2004 06:38 PM UTC

Hi, Currenctly we do not have a generic implementation of IChartSeriesModel for ADO.NET data. You will need to implement this based on your requirements. We do have plans to add a generic implementation. Regards, Davis

HB Heath Brand February 25, 2005 11:29 PM UTC

Hi, We are also interested in this feature. Has this been implemented in the latest version of Essential Chart? Heath >Hi, > >Currenctly we do not have a generic implementation of IChartSeriesModel for ADO.NET data. You will need to implement this based on your requirements. We do have plans to add a generic implementation. > >Regards, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team February 27, 2005 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Heath, Thank you for your interest in Essential Chart. Support for ADO.NET dataset has been built into the control in the latest version. We will be releasing this version within the next few days. I will update you as soon as the new version is available. Regards, Davis

HB Heath Brand March 2, 2005 05:19 PM UTC

Is this going to be a beta or an official release? Do you have an idea of when it will be available? thank you, Heath >Hi Heath, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential Chart. > >Support for ADO.NET dataset has been built into the control in the latest version. We will be releasing this version within the next few days. I will update you as soon as the new version is available. > >Regards, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 4, 2005 12:12 AM UTC

Hi Heath, This will be a official service pack release version 3.1 It should be available within the next few days (Possible by tomorrow - Friday - we will try to definitely get it out by Monday) Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian June 9, 2005 04:41 PM UTC

Hi, Can you post a sample thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 11, 2005 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Shankar, I have uploaded a sample that ships with the product (showing data binding) and linked to it below: ChartWebDataBind_VB_88.zip Thanks, Davis >Hi, > Can you post a sample > >thanks >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon