We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ADO .NET Dataset support in Chart control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

13923 May 13,2004 07:51 AM Jun 11,2005 01:21 AM Windows Forms 7
Tags: Chart
Nicholas
Asked On May 13, 2004 07:51 AM

According to the Syncfusion chart user guide under "Chart Control"->"Chart Data Model"->"Custom Models" : "The chart comes packaged with several models out of the box allowing it to easily display data from any ADO.NET data source, Essential Grouping´s grouping table and several other variants." I am trying to display a line chart from a data table. I could not find any more help or references to getting a DataTable into the chart''s Series data other than implementing IChartSeriesModel myself for DataTable data. But from the user guide I get the feeling that there is already an "out of the box" class written which already does this. If anyone knows about this class, the help would be most usefull. Thanks.

Davis Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 13, 2004 02:38 PM

Hi, Currenctly we do not have a generic implementation of IChartSeriesModel for ADO.NET data. You will need to implement this based on your requirements. We do have plans to add a generic implementation. Regards, Davis

Heath Brand
Replied On February 25, 2005 06:29 PM

Hi, We are also interested in this feature. Has this been implemented in the latest version of Essential Chart? Heath >Hi, > >Currenctly we do not have a generic implementation of IChartSeriesModel for ADO.NET data. You will need to implement this based on your requirements. We do have plans to add a generic implementation. > >Regards, > >Davis

Replied On February 26, 2005 11:42 PM

Hi Heath, Thank you for your interest in Essential Chart. Support for ADO.NET dataset has been built into the control in the latest version. We will be releasing this version within the next few days. I will update you as soon as the new version is available. Regards, Davis

Heath Brand
Replied On March 2, 2005 12:19 PM

Is this going to be a beta or an official release? Do you have an idea of when it will be available? thank you, Heath >Hi Heath, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential Chart. > >Support for ADO.NET dataset has been built into the control in the latest version. We will be releasing this version within the next few days. I will update you as soon as the new version is available. > >Regards, > >Davis

Replied On March 3, 2005 07:12 PM

Hi Heath, This will be a official service pack release version 3.1 It should be available within the next few days (Possible by tomorrow - Friday - we will try to definitely get it out by Monday) Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

Shankar Ramasubramanian
Replied On June 9, 2005 12:41 PM

Hi, Can you post a sample thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 11, 2005 01:21 AM

Hi Shankar, I have uploaded a sample that ships with the product (showing data binding) and linked to it below: ChartWebDataBind_VB_88.zip Thanks, Davis >Hi, > Can you post a sample > >thanks >

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;