We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Serializing GridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor

Is it possible to serialize the GridTableDescriptor object? I would like to persist the order of my columns, column names, grouping, which columns are currently being displayed, etc. This would allow my users to create their own custom "views" and save them across sessions. I tried the following, but it appears the GridTableDescriptor is not marked as serializable. Are there any other approaches I can take? GridTableDescriptor descriptor = gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor; Stream s = new FileStream( viewName, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.ReadWrite ); BinaryFormatter b = new BinaryFormatter(); b.Serialize(s, descriptor); s.Close(); Exception received: An unhandled exception of type ''System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException'' occurred in mscorlib.dll Additional information: The type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableDescriptor in Assembly Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 is not marked as serializable.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 13, 2004 06:54 AM UTC

Try using gridGroupingControl1.WriteXmlSchema to do this serialization. This will write changes that were made to the TableDescriptor including column order if columns were modified from default populated columns.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon