We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenus in VS.NET Addin project

I've been running into problems using XPMenus/XPToolbars in a VS.NET addin project. Here's an overview of the problems, I can give more details if necessary: .NET UserControl exposed as a VS.NET ToolWindow: - XPToolbar hot tracking/feedback not working - Context menu not working, exception thrown: object reference not set to an instance of an object - In a modal dialog, context menu doesn't disappear if I click outside the menu I'm guessing this kind of thing has never been done before... I'm attaching a VS.NET sample that shows how to do reproduce these problems (a modified version of the DocExplorer sample). hugues

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 23, 2002 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Hugues, Thanks for the sample. We have now fixed the issues related to hosting in VS.Net with these controls. They should work fine now. Please look for the fixes in our next revision, due in a couple of days. -Praveen

HV Hugues Valois October 23, 2002 02:24 PM UTC

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to it!

HV Hugues Valois November 14, 2002 04:14 PM UTC

I've tested the attached VS.NET Addin with the new release (1.5) and 2/3 bugs were fixed. This bug still occurs: - XPToolbar hot tracking/feedback/tooltips not working I haven't tried XPToolbar on a standard MFC unmanaged code application, only on an Addin in VS.NET (conflict with the office toolbar implementation perhaps?).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2002 05:54 PM UTC

Yes, we discovered that bug after the release :( We now have a fix for it. It should be in our next patch, before the end of this month. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon