We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to apply themes application wide (i want to apply theme to both Syncfusion and native control) ?

Hi,
Im planning to use Syncfusion Theme's in my application. I'll be changing the themes dynamically so that the selected theme should be applied whenever changed.
How do i achieve this. I have seen some of your samples use below code
SfSkinManager.SetVisualStyle(this, VisualStyles.Metro);
some useSkinStorage.SetVisualStyle(this, "Metro");
Which one i should use so that all the Syncfusion and Native WPF control uses same style.
I use Syncfusion 15.4.0.17 and use .Net framework 4.7.
Thanks
Marimuthu

1 Reply

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team May 1, 2018 08:22 AM UTC

Hi Marimuthu

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Query #1: "Which one i should use so that all the Syncfusion and Native WPF control uses same style?"

We have two ways to set the style for an application. There are as follows:

* SkinStorage

* SfSkinManager 
The main difference for the SkinStorage and SkinManager is that: 

S.NO 
SkinStorage 
Skinmanager 
SkinStorage is used to set build-in-themes to the control using “SkinManager”. The Classic SkinManager contain 14 build-in-themes. These themes can be applied to our Syncfusion controls as well as MS controls.  

Please find the reference link below 

We have faced memory consumption and memory leak issues in our classic SkinManager. So, we have introduced SfSkinManager where the themes are maintained separately. SfSkinManager was implemented from our 13.2 version along with our Theme Studio. It allow to select color and create theme file for our Syncfusion controls as well as MS controls. SfSkinManager contain 11 built in new themes. 

1. Metro 
2. Lime 
3. Saffron 
4. Blend 
5. Office2013White 
6. Office2013LightGray 
7. Office2013DarkGray 
8. VisualStudio2013 
9. Office2010Black 
10. Offie2010Blue 
11. Office2010Silver 

But however , we have recommended you to use SfSkinManager , to apply the theme globally for our Syncfusion and Native controls in an application. Please find the below documentation link about how set themes using SfSkinManager.

SfSkinManager: http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/themes/getting-started 

Also to generate the color theme in wide variety of themes, you can use our Themestudio. For more information, please refer the following link:

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5483/how-to-generate-a-theme-using-wpf-theme-studio

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon