We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

pdfviewer name of the file when open with toolbar

I have the pdfviewer control on form, with toolbar, when i click to open and select the file , it open regularly
what i need to know is the path/filename of the pdf opened, on the DocumentLoaded event there are parameter for this.
is possible have this information?

thanks

5 Replies

PE Priyanga Elangovan Syncfusion Team April 16, 2018 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

Thank you for contacting Sycnfusion support.

At present we do not support accessing the filename or filepath through DocumentLoaded event. We will analyze the feasibility for accessing the document information such as filename, file path etc through  DocumentLoaded event of PdfViewerControl and will update the details as soon as possible.

Regards,
Priyanga.E

PE Priyanga Elangovan Syncfusion Team April 19, 2018 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

We have finished analyzing the feasibility for accessing the filename or filepath through the DocumentLoaded event. We will implement the support for accessing the filename or filepath through the DocumentLoaded event by considering as a usability feature and include the patch for these implementation in our 2018 Volume 2 release which is expected to be available on May, 2018.

Regards,
Priyanga.E

RI Riccardo April 21, 2018 09:58 AM UTC

thanks

DE Darrin Edwards December 17, 2018 08:00 PM UTC

Hi - was this ever completed ?

KK Karthik Krishnaraj Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Darrin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion, 

We have implemented support to access the filename and filepath of loaded PDF document. You can find the below API to access the filename/path of the loaded PDF document. 

string filename = pdfViewerControl.DocumentInformation.FileName; 
string filepath = pdfViewerControl.DocumentInformation.FilePath; 

Regards, 
Karthik. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon