We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Automation

Hello, Is there any way I can use the ExcelRW product to call macros and other functions that are embedded into an existing spreadsheet? I have an existing spreadsheet with several methods that build the appearance based on data that I will be using to populate the spreadsheet via named ranges using (hopefullY) ExcelRW instead of the interop PIAs. Thanks! -Paul

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2004 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Paul, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion ExcelRW. Currently it is not possible to execute macros using ExcelRW at runtime. ExcelRW has support for macros through template spreadsheet. The following steps illustrate the support for macros in ExcelRW. 1) Open a spreadsheet with macros. 2) Insert data or formatting into the worksheet. 3) Resave the worksheet. 4) All the macros are retained along with the changes made. If i understand your requirements correctly, here is an approximate picture of how you can use ExcelRW. 1) Open the spreadsheet with macros. 2) Insert data and resave the spreadsheet. 3) When the user opens the spreadsheet, macros will be executed. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hello, > >Is there any way I can use the ExcelRW product to call macros and other functions that are embedded into an existing spreadsheet? > >I have an existing spreadsheet with several methods that build the appearance based on data that I will be using to populate the spreadsheet via named ranges using (hopefullY) ExcelRW instead of the interop PIAs. > >Thanks! > >-Paul >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon