We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Create components,attributes and events in controller

Hi,

I tried to create treegrid's toolbar item in controller:
Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.TreeGridToolBarOptions o = new Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.TreeGridToolBarOptions();
o.ShowToolbar = true;
o.ToolbarItems = new List<String>() { "add", "edit", "delete", "update", "cancel", "expandAll", "collapseAll" };
List<Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.TreeGridCustomToolbarItem> cusI = new List<Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.TreeGridCustomToolbarItem>();
Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.TreeGridCustomToolbarItem a = new Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.TreeGridCustomToolbarItem();
a.Text = "Refresh";
a.TemplateID = "ValidateTemplate";
a.TooltipText = "refresh";
cusI.Add(a);
o.CustomToolbarItems = cusI;
ViewBag.toolbarSettings = o;

Also added  in view cshtml file:
*toolbar-settings="ViewBag.toolbarSettings" in <ej-tree-grid ...
*<script id="ValidateTemplate" type="text/x-jsrender"
        <a class="e-toolbaricons e-icon refrech" /
    </script

And it actually worked, but still have few question:

*I did find "Syncfusion.JavaScript.TreeGrid", I guess I can even create my treegrid in controller but didn't find Syncfusion.JavaScript.Grid or Syncfusion.JavaScript.TextBox

*refrech icon is not visible, I copied "class="e-toolbaricons e-icon refrech" from help.sync 

*Is it possible to, when I click on that CustomToolbarItem named refrech, one of my treegrid  column become hidden (event coded in controller)

*Is there any documentations on how to create components in controller ?

Regards,
Kalai Sirajeddine

1 Reply

PE Punniyamoorthi Elangovan Syncfusion Team February 23, 2018 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Kalai Sirajeddine, 
Please find the updates below, 
Query1: I did find "Syncfusion.JavaScript.TreeGrid", I guess I can even create my treegrid in controller but didn't find Syncfusion.JavaScript.Grid  
or Syncfusion.JavaScript.TextBox 
Answer:  
  For grid the problem will occurs only when we doesn’t refer the Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models in the view page. So we suggested you to define the namespace like one of the below given example:-  

@using Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models;  
@(Html.EJ().Grid<object>("FlatGrid")  
           .Datasource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.dataSource)  
            .AllowPaging()  
           .Columns(col =>  
           {  
            col.Type("checkbox").Width(50).Add();  
            col.Field("Freight").HeaderText("Freight").EditType(EditingType.Numeric).NumericEditOptions(newEditorProperties() { DecimalPlaces = 2 }).Add();              
        })  

)  

For Textbox currently we don’t have the textbox component separately. So can you please share the usage of textbox in your application. It will be very helpful for us to understand your requirement clearly. 

Query 2: Is it possible to, when I click on that CustomToolbarItem named refresh, one of my treegrid column become hidden (event coded in  
controller) 
Answer: 
            We can achieve this by using hideColumn method in toolbarclick client side event. We have achieved this using client side event. 
Please find the code snippet below: 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
        function toolbarClick(args) { 
            if (args.itemName == "Reset") { 
                var treeObj = $("#TreeGridContainer").data("ejTreeGrid"); 
                treeObj.hideColumn("Task Id"); //Passing the header text to hide the column 
            } 
        } 
    </script> 

Please find the sample below 
Note: We have removed the “Bin” and “Obj” folder for some security reason. Hence its necessary to add respective file from the build installed location from your side to run the sample.  

Query3: Is there any documentations on how to create components in controller ? 

Answer: Please find help documentation link for grid control below 

Regards, 
Punniyamoorthi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon