We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Necessary Features

Clay, I have asked for some of the features currently your grid doesnt support. Can you please let me who shall i contact so that I will get these features as ASAP. Currently syncfusion grid doesn’t support the following features 1. We will be using RichText Cell Style for all the Description field in the Application, which will allow us to do the formatting of the description (Example. Multi-Color, Multi-Font, Bold, Underline, Indent). In this case, autosizing of the RichText control is not supported. 2.GridDataBoundGrid only copies Text. It does not copy Style information or RTF to the clipboard. In this case, its difficult to Copy and Paste the content of RichText which will always loose the format 3.RichTextbox does not support in place editor for a Cell (or a Column) 4.Undo/Redo of cell is possible but not the row(s) But I would like to know from you how much time will it take to do all the above mentioned features. These are all my Necessary Application Features. Thanks Satish

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2004 04:59 AM UTC

I think 2 and 4 would be aplication specific solutions. It is not clear we would offer general solutions for these two requests. For 2, it is does not make sense to support copying more than text because text is all a general DataSource can have. To handle this, you can handle the ClipboardCopy and ClipboardPaste events, and do a custom copy/paste to manage copying exactly what you want copied to where you want it pasted. For 4, you would want to use special knowledge of your datasource to create custom undo commands to manage the undoing of a delete and the redoing of a delete. Items 1 and 3 are on our request list of things that will be considered for future updates. I cannot give a schedule for when they may get done. If you need these items in some fixed time frame, then you can contact sales@syncfusion.com and inquire about our consulting services which can do such work on some agreed to schedule. Our consulting team could also implement solutions for 2 and 4. Strictly my opinion is the order of complexity would be 2, 4, 3, 1 with one bing the most complex. If you contact sales@syncfusion.com, they can prepare a quote for this custom work based an esitmate of the time required.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon