We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can''t get runtime license to work.

Hi, I''m trying to upgrade from version 1.6.1.8 to version 2.0.5.0 of the grid. 1) I''ve installed the suite. 2) Copied the new dll''s to my project lib directory 3) Updated the .licx files 4) Run the regenresx tool on relevant resx files 5) rebuilt via nant (which has a license task) and this executes without error. 6) The license binary''s have been built. However when I run my application on another machine without sync fusion installed I get the error "A valid license cannot be granted blah blah..." Incidentally it runs on the machine with sync fusion installed absolutely fine. What have I missed out? Cheers Chris

3 Replies

CD Chris Dugdale April 30, 2004 11:30 AM UTC

Meant to also say :- Our application is made up of several dll''s and an exe. The sync fusion grid is instantiated in 2 of the dll''s. Both of which I generate a separate binary license file for.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2004 11:44 AM UTC

An executable that references the other dlls that uses syncfusion dll''s needs to have the licenses.licx embedded in the project. Once this is done, everything should work. Try including the licx file as an embedded resource in your exe project, and then recompile. Here is a link to a General forum thread that discusses this problem toward the end. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=13215

CD Chris Dugdale May 5, 2004 07:06 AM UTC

Thanks Clay. This worked a treat. I included the .license files from the dll''s which used sync fusion as a resource in my .exe. I also created a .licx file for the .exe and generated a license file for it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon