We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with removing record from Children list

Hello, I''m using GridDataBoundGrid to bind a IBindingList collection datasource. The objects in the IBindingList have a property named "Children" which is an arraylist. I have added "gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.AddRelation("Children")" to my program, and it works well. My question is : 1. I can not delete the "child" record with "DeleteRecordsAtRowIndex" function, is there any other way? 2. If I remove the child from the Children list(use Children.Remove(object)), the GridDataBoundGird'' view will get wrong, can I do this? Thank you very much

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2004 11:09 AM UTC

I think you will have to remove things directly from your child collection, and not try to use teh grid to delete a particular row. If you use our 2.0 grouping grid, you shoul dbe able to just remove the item from teh child table and have everything work. If you are using the GridDataBoundGrid with 2.0, try setting grid.UseListChangedEvent to see if this makes removing teh item directly from teh child cell work. Another way you might be able to get things to work is to collapse the node in the grid, delete the item, then expand the node in the grid. You can call grid.BeginUpdate before you close the node, and then grid.EndUpdate followed by grid.Refresh after you re-open it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon