We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus are not saving toolbar states

Hi, I am using 1.6.1.8 XPMenus with mainframe barmanager on win2k/xp. XPMenu states (toolbar positions, visiblitity, customizations etc.) are not saved when I exit and come back to my application. 1. Pleass run the attached sample. 2. Right click on menubar and turn on ''Edit'' toolbar. 3. Close and launch the application again. 4. Notice that ''Edit'' toolbar is no longer visible. NewMainForm never worked. Form1 worked for a while. Now both of them are not working. What am I doing wrong? I can not move to 2.0 right now. thanks, - Reddy MenuTest_8844.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2004 08:10 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, Please refer to the sample attachedp that shows how menu state, positional and customization information can be saved and restored. Let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2004 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Guru, I tried to implement Save/LoadToolbarState() like you mentioned in the sample. It is working in your sample. But, it does not work in my attached sample. It is creating the binary file. But after starting the program again, the toolbars are all gone. What am I doing wrong? thanks, - Reddy MenuTest_1796.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2004 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Reddy, Thanks for the modified sample. I could see that the menus and toolbars did not show up in your application. I am afraid, I was unable to trace the error, but simply removing the existing menus and toolbars, and re-adding them resolved this issue. Now the customization and state information of the menus can be saved/restored correctly. Please refer to the modified_sample attached here, and let me know if this works for you. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon