We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Any way to use the grid w/o installing to the GAC?

I''m currently going over the deployment requirements for my application and wondering if there is a way to avoid having to install the Syncfusion assemblies to each user''s GAC, an operation which requires Admin rights? Putting aside all the benefits of the GAC, is this possible with Syncfusion''s assemblies?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 09:26 AM UTC

When you deploy your app just make sure the syncfusion dlls are in the same folder as the exe. Then you don''t have to put them into the GAC. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 10:25 AM UTC

That didn''t seem to work, but perhaps the problem was that the licensing wasn''t setup right in that circumstance and it was automatically setup correctly when the GAC scenario was tested? Any special steps required to run the Syncfusion stuff from the app startup directory? >When you deploy your app just make sure the syncfusion dlls are in the same folder as the exe. Then you don''t have to put them into the GAC. > >Stefan >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 11:44 AM UTC

With 1.6 version the fusionlic dll was required to be in the gac. But with 2.0 we got rid of that dll. Instead you only have to make sure a licx is generated for your solution. The Release Notes have some steps how to force generation of licx files. Then the dlls don''t need to be in the gac. Let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks, Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 12:32 PM UTC

Ah, that must be it, using 1.6. Well thanks, good to keep in mind when we make the move to 2.0 which shouldn''t be too far into the future. >With 1.6 version the fusionlic dll was required to be in the gac. But with 2.0 we got rid of that dll. Instead you only have to make sure a licx is generated for your solution. The Release Notes have some steps how to force generation of licx files. Then the dlls don''t need to be in the gac. > >Let me know if you continue to have problems. > >Thanks, >Stefan >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon