We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hierarchy for Virtual Grid

Is it possible to display data in a hierarchical fashion when using the virtual grid? We would like to be able to group (collapse / expand) two main sets of data. Also within each set of data a given row can itself be a collection that can have multiple children which we want to be able to display or hide. Thanks, Corinne

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2004 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Corinne, did you check out the grid.grouping/samples/StrongTypedCollection example? The grouping grid lets you bind to any collection that implements IBindingList. In the above example a collection of elements itsself that themselves can then have child collections. After looking at that sample, let me know if you still require a virtual grid. What are the exact needs why the StrongTypedCollection example is not good enough? Thanks, Stefan

CM Corinne Muir April 27, 2004 11:34 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, where can I find that sample? thanks. Corinne >Hi Corinne, > >did you check out the grid.grouping/samples/StrongTypedCollection example? > >The grouping grid lets you bind to any collection that implements IBindingList. In the above example a collection of elements itsself that themselves can then have child collections. > >After looking at that sample, let me know if you still require a virtual grid. What are the exact needs why the StrongTypedCollection example is not good enough? > >Thanks, >Stefan >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 09:25 AM UTC

It''s part of the GridGroupingControl samples that come with Grid 2.0 Enterprise Edition. You can find it under grid\samples\grouping\strongtypedcollection. If you do not have Suite installed and you do also not have Essential Grid Enterprise edition, then you could download the latest eval and check it out with the eval. Let me know if you need help. Thanks, Stefan >Hi Stefan, > >where can I find that sample? thanks. Corinne > > >>Hi Corinne, >> >>did you check out the grid.grouping/samples/StrongTypedCollection example? >> >>The grouping grid lets you bind to any collection that implements IBindingList. In the above example a collection of elements itsself that themselves can then have child collections. >> >>After looking at that sample, let me know if you still require a virtual grid. What are the exact needs why the StrongTypedCollection example is not good enough? >> >>Thanks, >>Stefan >>

CM Corinne Muir April 30, 2004 07:17 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, our data is not easily combined into a single collection. I really like the way the virtual grid lets us go and get the data. Is there any way in 2.0 to have +/- for a row in a virtual grid? This would then expand / collapse child rows. Maybe hierarchy is not the right word. The VirtTree grid example is more of what we are looking for - is there anything of this nature that is built in to 2.0 for virtual grids? thanks, Corinne

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon