We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is it possible to Print a PDF with PDF Viewer ?

Dear Syncfusion,

is it possible to add print functionality to the PDF-Viewer ?

regards,
Gert

3 Replies

KE Kathiravan Elangovan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2017 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Gert, 

At present we do not support native support to print PDF documents using SfPdfViewer in Xamarin.Forms(Android, iOS and UWP), Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS.  

However, we have created a workaround sample for printing the PDF document in Xamarin.Forms (iOS, Android and UWP). We have used platform’s native Printing APIs for printing the PDF document across the platforms. Please find the sample from the following link,  

Please let me know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Kathiravan E 

DP David Pressman February 9, 2018 11:14 AM UTC

The Android and iOS versions work fine! THANKS!

However the UWP version, as started from latest Visual Studio 2017 (15.5) running on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Creator's Version,has the appearance (almost) of being hung. The preview pane is seen on the UWP Print Dialog, but the busy indicator within in runs "forever" and no text appears.

I see that, nonetheless, if I click that Dialog's Print button, printing does occur. However I would never want to publish an app that had such a unusual behavior. Has the sample always been this way? On the other hand, if it used to behave properly, do you have an update to deal with whatever has happened since you first made it available?

David Pressman

KE Kathiravan Elangovan Syncfusion Team February 12, 2018 05:53 PM UTC

Hi David, 

We have created that previously shared sample mainly to perform the printing operation only in Xamarin Forms. We did not implement to view the print preview pages in that sample. Currently We have modified that sample to view print preview pages in Xamarin Forms UWP and please refer the updated sample from the below link.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Kathiravan E 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon