We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editable DateTime Column in UWP Blank

Dear Synfusion,

I have a problem with the DateTimeColumn column on UWP.
Running on Android works prefect. Double Tap on the DateTime Columns opens the Calendar.
On UWP on the contrary, the cell content is empty and double tap does not do anything , even sometime crashes the app.
The other textcolumns are perfectly visible.

Can you please help me out.

thx,
Gert

7 Replies

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team October 9, 2017 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Asterinex,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfustion support.    

We have checked the reported DateTimeColumn empty issue with Xamarin.Forms.UWP in SfDataGrid v15.3.0.33 but we are not able to reproduced the issue. DateTime will be showing properly while editing. For your reference we have attached the screenshot and tested sample in the below location, please check it. Could you please do revert us by modifying our sample to replicate the issue or share your sample along with replication procedure, Otherwise please share your GridDateTimeColumn create code snippet, binding collection, tested device details, Xamarin.Forms version and SfDataGrid product version, this will be more helpful for us to proceed further 

Regards,   
Ashok   

AS asterinex October 10, 2017 07:13 PM UTC

Hello Ashok,

thx for your time and the exemple.
In your exemple project it was working fine until I upgraded to the latest Xamarin.Forms version 2.4.0.282. Then I get an error too by double clicking the DateTime Column.
Should I downgrade or .... ?

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team October 11, 2017 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Asterinex,  

Thanks for your update. 

We have provide the support for our controls with Xamarin.Forms stable version only. Xamarin.Forms v2.4 stable release will be released after we freeze our 2017 Vol 3 SP 2 release, so we didn’t support Xamarin.Forms v2.4 in this release. Also our SfDataGrid control will support many columns type so we have used customized view in our source.  

We have derived SfDatePickerRenderer from DatePickerRenderer class in Xamarin.Forms.UWP platform and DatePickerRenderer was derived from FormsDatePicker but now it was derived from Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.DatePicker in Xamarin.Forms, so the reported issue was reproduced. This issue has been resolved while we upgrade our product Xamarin.Froms version to current version (v2.4.0.280).  

Currently we are testing all our Syncfusion controls with Xamarin.Forms v2.4.0.280 stable version and we are focusing to release our Syncfusion controls with support Xamarin.Forms v2.4 in our upcoming 2017 Vol 4 main release, which will be schedule for rolls out first week of November, 2017. We appreciate your patience until then. You can get the details about the Syncfusion Xamarin.Forms components compatible from the below link: 

We request you to use our SfDataGrid control with Xamarin.Forms v2.3. 

Regards,  
Ashok  

AS asterinex October 11, 2017 06:44 AM UTC

thx Ashok for the info !

Is the next release planned for November compatible with the .NET Standard Framework ?

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team October 12, 2017 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Asterinex,   

Thanks for your update. Yes, in our 2017 Vol 4 main release will support .NET Standard Framework. We will update you once released 2017 Vol 4 main release. 

Regards, 
Ashok 

AS asterinex October 12, 2017 11:39 AM UTC

Thx Ashok, your are doing a great job !

Sorry but I have one , I promise , last question regarding this topic.
Is your Syncfsusion for Xamarin.forms  going to support the new MaxOS feature  in

that will come to Xamarin.forms ?

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team October 13, 2017 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Asterinex,

We have plans for supporting Xamarin.Forms for Mac. However we are not able to provide any specific timeline on availability since we are only in the early stages of investigation. We will likely have more information to share in the next couple of months.

Regards, 

Ashok 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon