We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Embed Report Designer Control into Application

I have a few questions on how to work with the WPF Report Designer Control that I hope you can help answer:

I am trying to embed the report designer into my application using MVVM. I am able to create the "reportDesignerView" which will open the report designer with the built-in ribbon control hidden. But I don't understand how to connect the designer's built-in ribbon controls into my application's ribbon. 

1) Is there a way to load the built in ribbon tabs into my main ribbon using MVVM? If not...

2) Is there way to add my ribbon tabs into the designer's built-in ribbon.

3) How do I access the Designer's Object model using MVVM and a ViewModel class?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

3 Replies

VR Vijay Raja Syncfusion Team October 3, 2017 02:47 AM UTC

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for conduction syncfusion support. 

Query 
Response 
1) Is there a way to load the built in ribbon tabs into my main ribbon using MVVM? If not... 
We can extend ribbon tab in our report designer control as you want but we don’t have option to embedded our report designer ribbon tab to any other application. 
2) Is there way to add my ribbon tabs into the designer's built-in ribbon. 

3) How do I access the Designer's Object model using MVVM and a ViewModel class? 

You can able to access our report designer ribbon object in view model. Using that you can create and add your own custom ribbon tab into our report designer. 

As per your requirement we have created report designer ribbon customization sample in MVVM pattern. It will be available from the below download location. 

Regards, 
Vijay R. 

PJ Paul Jastrow October 3, 2017 03:50 AM UTC

Thank you for the explanation and example.

One final question. Are the commands that back the ribbon controls available for me to bind to a control on my ribbon? For example, can I access the Preview command from a button I place in my application ribbon?

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 4, 2017 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

We have already exposed our ribbon, so you can access the child elements of the ribbon and raise the event of these child elements using the “RaiseEvent” method. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the following location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon