We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRating performance: multiple 10 star controls in a SfListView

Hi,

I am having severe performance problems on a BlackBerry Q10 (it's unusable) and significant problems on Xperia E1 when I put a list of SfRating controls with 10 stars in it, and then try to scroll in a SfListView (and instead of SfListView I also tried a Repeater control I found on the internet which is like WPF's ItemsControl).

It is fine on some newer devices.

Does anyone know why this might be so slow?  Is it overloading older and more limited GPUs with too many sprites? (Seems unlikely).  Is it trying to construct stars on the fly using some sort of inefficient vector drawing and color filling approach, or does it just use images?

For now, I have had to create my own control and just put android buttons inside, and it doesn't look as nice, but it is extremely smooth.

Any tips or feedback?

(I was looking for a way to turn caching on/off in SfListView, like I believe you can in ListView but couldn't see it.)

Thanks
-Jared

3 Replies

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team September 29, 2017 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your update.

We could reproduce the reported issue "Performance issue with SfRating" from our side. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/ 

Regards,
Rajkumar G. 

CO Chidi Okwudire January 13, 2019 07:44 PM UTC

Hi,

Has this issue been fixed? I'm facing noticeable performance degradation on Android when using the SfRating view (5-star though I think it doesn't matter). Initialization of the page is increased by 3 - 5 seconds which is unacceptable. I've tried different tricks like making the SfRating view invisible and showing only after the page has loaded but that did not help. 

Is there any way to improve the loading performance of SfRating? Any help will be appreciated.

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team January 17, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Chidi, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have checked the reported issue "SfRating takes more time to load on a page". We could not reproduce the issue, we have prepared a sample with SfRating on the Content page and it loads as expected (i.e. Comparatively the loading time of SfRating has been decreased). 

Sample linkSample 

If the issue reproduced at your end, please update us with the modified sample along with the device in which the issue get reproduced. This will be helpful for us to provide better solution on this. 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon