We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Double characters when autocomplete is empty

Hi,
I am using the SfAutoComplete in a Xamarin.Forms project, but have some weird behaviour happening the very first time I type a character in the field.

Two characters of the same letter is shown in the autocomplete box and I have to remove one of them to continue, otherwise the double character remain at the start of the search string and the autocomplete will not kick in because there are no words beginning with double letters.

After removing the second character, the autocomplete kicks in and the control works as normal. Even if I remove both of the characters and start typing the same character again, all works fine.

The double character happens again if I use the x at the right of the control to empty the control. The next character I type adds a second character to the search string. Seems to happen no matter what kind of settings I use for the control and for all letters.

Can someone please tell me if this can be avoided or make a fix if it is a bug?

I am using the version 15.3.0.29 of the SfAutoComplete control on an iOS device. Have not tried Android.

/espen

3 Replies

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team September 18, 2017 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Espen,

Thank you for Contacting Syncfusion Support.

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Selva Kumar V.

GA Gary September 26, 2017 10:42 PM UTC

I'm also seeing this behaviour on iOS using SfAutoComplete v15.3.0.29

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team September 27, 2017 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have fixed the issue "Double character gets entered on SfAutoComplete when we type a single character". This fix will be included in our Volume 3 Service pack 2 which is expected to be rolledout by the end of September 2017.

Regards,
Selva Kumar V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon