We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Very strange behaviour

In my web application i have a very simple grid, that is supposed to allow users to delete the items. But as long as i keep ShowToolbar="True" the grid doesnt appear on my page. Once i switch to "False" the grid appears, the data is there, but only the even rows are selectable, the odd ones are not.
I don't understand whats wrong

Thanks

4 Replies

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 11, 2017 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Alexandra, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We created a sample and in this sample when we set ShowToolbar=”True” the grid appeared in page. You also mentioned that when we set as false the grid appears and even rows only are selectable. We checked in our sample by set ShowToolbar as false and we can able to select all the rows. So, we unable to reproduce the mentioned issues in our sample.  

To find out the root cause, we need the following details.  

1. Code example of a Grid.  

2. Essential Studio Version details.  

3. When you set ShowToolbar=”True”, did you face any script error in the console page? If yes, share the screenshot and stackrace of this issue. 

4. Share the video demonstration of an issue.  

5. Have you referred individual script files in your sample(ej.grid.min.js)?  

6. If possible, replicate the issue in the attached sample.  

From Volume 3, 2016 release, ejToolbar control has referred ej.Tooltip control as an one of its additional dependency. In our Grid UG documentation we have missed to mention ej.tooltip.js in the required script files. Now we have refreshed the below documentation link by adding ej.tooltip.js as one of the dependency file in grid.   

Find the documentation link: 

Note: You have mentioned the grid does not appear when define ShowToolbar=”True” . The mentioned issue dependency issue will occur only when the customer referring individual file in their project. So we have mentioned about this changes in our release notes too.  

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

AS Alexandra S September 12, 2017 08:08 AM UTC

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately I can't provide code sample. But among trying you're suggestions, i found out the element on my page that is interfering with this grid normal behaviour is a ScriptManager. The grid is inside an UpdatePanel, and I need the ScriptManager or i will get an error on the page. But if i don't use an UpdatePanel everything works perfect. Im not using a master page for this one. Any ideas?

AS Alexandra S September 12, 2017 09:04 AM UTC

An update: with ScriptManager, the grid doesn't appear if it is inside a <div></div>. Once I removed these tags, the grid appeared, it behaves normally, but the theme is no longer applied. Again, if I remove the ScriptManager, everything is ok, themes are applied as well. 

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 13, 2017 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Alexandra, 

Thanks for the update.  

We checked in our sample by rendering the Grid inside the updatePanel and we are able to select all the rows inside the Grid. So, we unable to reproduce the mentioned issue in our sample.  

To find out the root cause, please share the following details.  

1. Essential Studio Version details.  

2. Ensure that you have referred different versions of Script and CSS file in your sample. 

3. If possible, replicate the issue in the attached sample.  

4. Have you enable LoadEJResourceAssembly in the webconfig file?  

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon