We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filtering dimesnsions and authentication

Hi All,

We have a multi-tenant OLAP database and use Client's login name to filter dimension attributes (using the standard method straight out of SSMS).
I could not find if this can be achieved with ejPivotGrid, i.e. I did not find any documentation regarding authentication connection to Microsoft Analysis Services.
Would someone please direct me to a resource or am I on a completely wrong path thinking that it would be part of ejPivotGrid component?
I'm a DBA with basic JS understanding.

Thanks!

1 Reply

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team September 7, 2017 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Ed, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We think that your requirement is related to restrict the dimension attributes from the cube. If so, you can use the parameter “Roles” in the connectionString to use the user level restriction on cube level. Please find the following link that provides detailed information about Roles and permission on cube level.  

You can apply Role-based filtering to OLAP components by specifying the appropriate role name designed for specific set of users in the SSAS Cube. You must specify the role name in the “Roles” attribute of the connection string. The following code example illustrates this. 

Sample Code snippet: 
string connectionString = @"Data Source=http:// bi.domainname.com/olap/msmdpump.dll; Roles=UserRolesName; Initial Catalog=Adventure Works DW 2008 SE;"; 

If the above provided information doesn’t meet your requirement. Please provide us detailed information, that would be more helpful to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon