We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

On tap event handler for ScheduleAppointment

I am looking at using Syncfusion Scheduler for Xamarin.Android. Our app requires appointments to be tapped and edited.
I can't find any EventHandler for the ScheduleAppointment class. Is there any way to fire an event when an appointment is tapped? Our decision to use Syncfusion will likely depend on this.

5 Replies

IA Ian September 5, 2017 10:46 PM UTC

Never mind, I've solved this now. For anyone who may be reading this wondering the same thing, the EventHandler is on the SfSchedule rather than the ScheduleAppointment class and the eventArgs contain the details of the appointment that was clicked on (if one exists). The method to use is ScheduleTapped.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team September 6, 2017 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Ian, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are happy that you have met your requirement of triggering the event when tapping the Schedule in Xamarin.Android, which can be achieved using CellTapped event, other events such as CellDoubleTapped and CellLongPressed also available. You can refer our online user guide documentation for the same by the below link, 

Please let us know if you have any query on this. 

Regards,   
Subburaj Pandian V.  

DP Douang Phonevilay January 31, 2019 07:58 PM UTC

It used to work but with the latest version, it seems obsolete acconding to release-notes
https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin-android/release-notes/v16.4.0.40?type=all#sfschedule

I would like to be able to do the same thing as CellTapped.  args.appointment is always null even though there is an appointment.

Thank you.

DP Douang Phonevilay January 31, 2019 08:24 PM UTC

Found the answer.

In newer version, schedule.Appointments to set the appointment collection is DEPRECATED.

It has to be replaced by schedule.ItemSource.

Then CellTapped will work as it used to do.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 1, 2019 05:49 AM UTC

Hi DI, 

Thank you for the update.  

Yes, you’re right. We have deprecated the Schedule Appointments property instead you can use ItemSource in Xamarin.Android.  

Please let us know, if you need any assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon