We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How can I turn on grouping for the nested tables? (2.0.5.0).

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

13234 Apr 23,2004 07:11 AM Apr 23,2004 08:23 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Grouping
Silenter
Asked On April 23, 2004 07:11 AM

I hAve a dataset with two tables are joined by relation. I Use this dataset as dataSource for GridGroupingControl(2.0.5.0). How can I turn on grouping for the nested tables?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 23, 2004 08:23 AM

At design time you can group nested tables only using the GroupedColumns collection editor since the drop-by area is not shown automatically. At runtime you can make the drop-by area show up by adding the folling line in your forms ctor: this.gridGroupingControl1.AddGroupDropArea("Orders"); whereas "Orders" needs to be replaced with the name of the nested table. Check out the HierarchySample and HierarchyView. They both show drop-by area for nested tables. If you need to get access to the GroupedColumns collection of a nested relation at runtime, you can use the following call: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations[0].ChildTableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("Country"); Thanks, Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;