We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How can I turn on grouping for the nested tables? (2.0.5.0).

I hAve a dataset with two tables are joined by relation. I Use this dataset as dataSource for GridGroupingControl(2.0.5.0). How can I turn on grouping for the nested tables?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2004 12:23 PM UTC

At design time you can group nested tables only using the GroupedColumns collection editor since the drop-by area is not shown automatically. At runtime you can make the drop-by area show up by adding the folling line in your forms ctor: this.gridGroupingControl1.AddGroupDropArea("Orders"); whereas "Orders" needs to be replaced with the name of the nested table. Check out the HierarchySample and HierarchyView. They both show drop-by area for nested tables. If you need to get access to the GroupedColumns collection of a nested relation at runtime, you can use the following call: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations[0].ChildTableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("Country"); Thanks, Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon