We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Re-position Image stream within Tile Layout control

Good day, 
I am testing out the Tile Layout control for Windows forms and am trying to follow the example given here https://help.syncfusion.com/windowsforms/tilelayout/overview
I am however trying to add more than just the 4 Image streams. 

The problem I ham having is that the images seem to be stuck in their location as well as the group. 
So I seem to have a group that is in the middle of the page, but I want it to start top left of the page or panel(would later probably put it in a panel) in the images within the group are spaced oddly. Image As Location would be 5, 0 and its size 60, 60 then image B is 5, 125, C is 255, 0 they are all sized 60, 60 so there are quite large gaps between them. 

I am testing out this control as I hoped it would be similar to the normal windows GridView control of a UWP application I eventually to add 33 Tiles. 

Also it is a bit unclear in the example if you can create all 33 tiles in 1 Image stream and whether that would then have 33 Tiles all next to each other, Or do I have to add 33 Image streams (one for each tile that is meant to take up a spot on the screen) 

3 Replies

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team August 24, 2017 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Janine, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query : So I seem to have a group that is in the middle of the page, but I want it to start top left of the page or panel(would later probably put it in a panel) in the images within the group are spaced oddly. 

We can customize the location of the layout groups by using the property named “HorzNearMargin and “TopMargin. Please make use of the below code example. 

Code Example[C#]: 

this.tileLayout1.MainLayout.HorzNearMargin = 20; 
this.tileLayout1.MainLayout.TopMargin = 20; 

We have prepared the sample for your reference and this can be downloaded from the below location. 

Query 2 : As Location would be 5, 0 and its size 60, 60 then image B is 5, 125, C is 255, 0 they are all sized 60, 60 so there are quite large gaps between them. Also it is a bit unclear in the example if you can create all 33 tiles in 1 Image stream and whether that would then have 33 Tiles all next to each other, Or do I have to add 33 Image streams (one for each tile that is meant to take up a spot on the screen)? 

In TileLayout control, we have to set the height of the image streamer as 120 and the width of the image streamer should be less than 245. If the width of the image streamer is 120, we can add two ImageStreamer in that row, else each item will be added in the new row. At present we cannot customize the location of each item in the LayoutGroup. We have considered this requirement as a feature and logged a feature report. This will be available in any of our upcoming release. Please check our website periodically to know the list of features that has been implemented.  

Regards, 
Senthil. 

JH Janine Herman August 24, 2017 12:52 PM UTC

Thank you

your assistance is much appreciated

MS Marimuthu Sivalingam Syncfusion Team August 25, 2017 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Janine,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Please let us know if you have any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Marimuthu S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon