We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to filter enum types - ODataV4

Hello,

I'm using ASP.NET MVC and Syncfusion Grid Control with ODataV4 Api data source.

I have no idea how to filter my column with enum type, becouse grid creates wrong query, not proper for OData enum filtering.

For example:
My enum type is NotificationStatus (Project.Entities.NotificationStatus). If I use this api route "/api/Notifications" i get JSON response:

{
Id: "1FZT6PI2",
SenderName: "Mathew Johnson",
NotificationStatus: "New",
Subject: "I have problem",
Date: "2017-08-15T11:47:28+02:00"
}

If I would like filter my database using enum i should use this query:
 /api/Notifications/?$filter=NotificationStatus eq Project.Entities.NotificationStatus'New'

But i've noticed that columns types are: string, number, date, datetime, boolean, guid, checkbox. So no one of them is able to generate good query.
If I use string type it generates: $filter=tolower(TicketStatus) eq 'new' or $filter=contains(tolower(TicketStatus),'new')
If I use number type it generates: $filter=TicketStatus eq 1
But it is wrong for enum..

How can i generate proper query?

Or maybe I can edit generated query and add "Project.Entities.NotificationStatus" before the filter value. How to do it?

Thanks for help!

3 Replies

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team August 23, 2017 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Gregor, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked the provided code and found that you are using the ODataV4. To filter the enum type value in ODataV4, please enable the enumPrefixFree in WebApi configuration. Refer to the sample and code example as below.  

[WebApiConfig.cs]  
public static void Register(HttpConfiguration config)  
        {  

. . . .   

// Create our batch handler and associate it with the OData service.  
            ODataBatchHandler batchHandler = new DefaultODataBatchHandler(GlobalConfiguration.DefaultServer);  

config.MapODataServiceRoute("odata", "odata", model, batchHandler);  
            config.EnableEnumPrefixFree(enumPrefixFree: true);  
            config.EnsureInitialized();  

}  

Refer to the document for more information in following link.  

Custom Url parsing -> Enum prefix free:  https://odata.github.io/WebApi/#06-01-custom-url-parsing  

Regards,  
Manisankar Durai. 

GR Gregor August 24, 2017 06:49 AM UTC

Thank you very much for answer. This solution works! 

In your example code you used Microsoft.AspNet.OData version 5.5.1, I tried using this version too and it works. But when I use version 6.0.0 the method "EnableEnumPrefixFree()" is missing. I can't find why it is missing or maybe now is another way to free the prefixes...

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team August 25, 2017 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Gregor,   

Thanks for your update.   

Please try the solution provided in the below given blog in your sample   

Replace EnableEnumPrefixFree by registering a StringAsEnumResolver in the configureAction of call to MapODataServiceRoute in webConfigApi.cs file.  

Regards, 
Manisankar Durai. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon