We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Images are not loaded when loading a document.

I'm trying trying out SfRichTextBoxAdv control from Syncfucsion Essential Studio for UWP. I am trying to load RTF and DocX file in this component. Text gets loaded but images are not loaded properly. Instead a blank placeholder is shown at the place of image.
Here is my code:

var picker = new Windows.Storage.Pickers.FileOpenPicker();
                picker.ViewMode = Windows.Storage.Pickers.PickerViewMode.Thumbnail;
                picker.SuggestedStartLocation = Windows.Storage.Pickers.PickerLocationId.DocumentsLibrary;
                picker.FileTypeFilter.Add(".docx");
                picker.FileTypeFilter.Add(".doc");
                picker.FileTypeFilter.Add(".rtf");
                picker.FileTypeFilter.Add(".htm");
                picker.FileTypeFilter.Add(".html");
                picker.FileTypeFilter.Add(".txt");

var file = await picker.PickSingleFileAsync();

try
                {
                    await ContentBox.LoadAsync(_file);
                    // ContentBox is name of SfRichTextBoxAdv control.
                }
                catch (Exception)
                {
                    // Handle exception here
                }

1 Reply

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team August 21, 2017 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Sandesh Kamble,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Our SfRichTextBoxAdv control has known limitation in rendering Metafile images (EMF, WMF, etc.). But the images are preserved properly in the document on resaving. For more information regarding this kindly refer the following UG link.
UG link: https://help.syncfusion.com/uwp/sfrichtextboxadv/image
Could you please check whether the image present in the input document is EMF , WMF or any other metafile image format?

Also If possible, provide us the input rich text document or image used in your side? So that we can analyze in depth and provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon