We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Timeout while getting a connection from pool

Hi guys,
I have problem with SF Dashboard Desinger. If I open new dashboard I got error:

"Timeout while getting a connection from pool"

I use Windows server 2012R2 x64; Postgres 9.5

Can you help me?

Thank you

9 Replies

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team August 16, 2017 04:21 PM UTC

Hi Marcel, 
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  
Could you please let us know when you are facing “Timeout while getting a connection from pool” problem.  
Whether you are trying to connect PostgreSQL server with our dashboard designer application or while interacting or playing with our application after successfully connecting your PostgreSQL server with our application.  
Please share the some more replication steps and error log files which is generated under the below location. It will help us to diagnose the problem further at our end and provide a solution earliest.  
Error log: %appdata%\Syncfusion\DashboardDesigner\2.2.0.31\ErrorLog\ 
Note: “Timeout while getting a connection from pool” error due to minimum pool size of your PostgreSQL server. When we try to open the new connection which is greater than the pool size then this exception is expected behavior. For this case please increase MaxPoolSize to a higher number.  
Umapathy S. 

MT Marcel Tomaskovic August 17, 2017 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Umapathy,

thank you for yor answer.

In attach is error log.

"Note: “Timeout while getting a connection from pool” error due to minimum pool size of your PostgreSQL server. When we try to open the new connection which is greater than the pool size then this exception is expected behavior. For this case please increase MaxPoolSize to a higher number."

Where can i set this MaxPoolSize to a higher number?

Thank you!

Attachment: ErrorLog_August172017_(2)_d2bb2ed8.zip

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team August 17, 2017 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Marcel, 
Thank you for sharing requested information.  
Kindly follow the below steps to increase the poolsize in your PostgreSQL server configuration file. 
  1. Set max_connections = 300
  2. Shared_buffers = 80MB
Kindly change these two parameter values in postgre.config file which is available in the below installed location.  
c:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\postgresql.conf  
After changing it we need to restart the PostgreSQL service to take its effects.  
Please do let us know if you need any other assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Umapathy S. 

MT Marcel Tomaskovic August 17, 2017 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Umapathy,

I was set:

max_connections = 500

shared_buffers = 1024MB

Than restart Postgres service, but problem is NOT solved. Still I got "Timeout while getting a connection from pool"

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team August 18, 2017 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply.

We did a detailed investigation regarding reported issue with our test environment and we are unable to find the exact root cause related with our application. Can you please tell us whether the connected postgre database is in production environment or test database? So that we can further investigate on this perspective.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Umapathy S.

MT Marcel Tomaskovic August 18, 2017 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Umapathy,

this is TEST environment, but we need solve this issue, becouse we need create PROD environment from this instances.

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team August 21, 2017 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your response.

We are unable to reproduce “Timeout while getting a connection from pool” this issue from our side. We would like to discuss with you about this problem through web meeting. Would you please let us know your availability for this in the incident which is created for the same issue? Here’s the link to access your incidents.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,

Umapathy S.

TM Takudzwa Mawarire February 4, 2018 12:31 AM UTC

I am having the same problem with dashboards in my ASP.NET MVC app. On my local machine everything works fine. The problem comes after I try hosting the application on our server.  Below is the full detailed error i am getting. I am also attaching the log files. I am running windows server 2012 & sql server 2014
Error Code:-2146233079
System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at Syncfusion.Dashboard.Base.Data.SqlQueryBuilder.ExecuteReaderQuery(String query, ObservableCollection`1 parameters, String connectionString, ConnectionProviderType type)
   at Syncfusion.Dashboard.Base.Data.ServerDataProvider.GetTable(ServerDataProviderParameters parameter)
   at Syncfusion.Dashboard.Base.Engine.RelationalEngine.GetDataFromMainSource(List`1 schemaInfos, List`1 viewerFilterList, Boolean isNotControlFilter, String reportName, Int32 startRowNumber, Int32 endRowNumber, FilterColumn datePagingInfo, CancellationToken token, Boolean isRawData)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardDataProcessor.ApplyFilterServerMode(RelationalEngine engine, String reportName, Boolean drilled, Boolean& useDefaultProperties, Boolean isParamsColumn, List`1 paramsSchema)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.CardWidget.GetProcessedCardData(DashboardItem dashboardItem, List`1& schemaInfo)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.CardWidget.GetCardDataOnDemand(DashboardItem dashboardItem, Dictionary`2 dict, CardItem& cardControl, RelationalReport& report)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.CardWidget.GetData()
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.GetWidgetData(DashboardItem dashboardItem, WidgetAutoRefreshSetting widgetAutoRefreshSettings, ControlVirtualScrollingSettings controlVirtualScrollingSettings, ControlDrilldownSettings controlDrilldownSettings, AllowFilterSettings allowFilterSettings, List`1 defaultSelectedControls, Boolean isClear, Boolean isRefresh, Boolean isUpdateDashboard, Boolean isLoad, Boolean isExport, Int32 start, Int32 end)

Generated Query: SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT [dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent].[WaterPointRecordID]) AS [Chart_Column_1],[dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent].[FunctionalStatus] AS [Chart_Column_0] FROM [dbo].[mvcWaterPointsCurrent] AS [dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent] WHERE (((([dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent].[WardID] IN (N'Insiza18')) AND ([dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent].[WardID] <> '' )) AND (NOT([dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent].[WardID] IS NULL)))) GROUP BY [dbo_mvcWaterPointsCurrent].[FunctionalStatus]  ORDER BY 2 ASC
Service Version: 2.3.0.32
Culture: en-US
TimeZone: South Africa Standard Time

Attachment: dashboarderrorlog_a95064b.zip

DG Dhivyabharathi Govindaraj Syncfusion Team February 5, 2018 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Marcel,   

As mention in our previous update, we would like to discuss about this problem through web meeting. Would you please let us know your availability for this in the incident which is created for the same issue under your Direct- Trac account? Here’s the link to access your incidents https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents    

We will make every effort to have this scheduled on a date and time of your convenience.     

Regards,   
Dhivya   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon