We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Uploadbox Remote Server Issue

Hi
I have the latest version of Uploadbox and having an issue with the image/file browser. This works find locally but when put on remote server iit says it cant find the directory even though the directory is correct, by using Server.MapPath.

Anyone else had this issue and found a work around?

is it permissions on remote server? has read access to the DIR

Thanks
Mike

9 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 2, 2017 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support . 

Please update us the exact component which you are using from the following  

1. Upload box
  2. RTE
  3. File Explorer

We will validate the reported issue accordingly and update better solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

MT mike taylor August 2, 2017 11:06 AM UTC

Hi yes, sorry yes it is the RTE and its the Images/filebrowse bit that having issues with remotely 

https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/richtexteditor/image-and-file-browser

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 3, 2017 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Mike,   

Thanks for your update.   

We have prepared a sample with Image and File browser in RTE. Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Please refer the given sample.    

We have prepared a video demonstrating the sample in local as well as IIS server. Please refer to the below given link   

In our sample the folder which we have mentioned in filepath is present inside the application. So, if we receive Directory Not Found exception please ensure the filepath location in the sample based on the directory which we are trying to access. If the issue persists, kindly modify the above sample to reproduce the issue or share some video to showcase the issue so that we will analyze and provide a better solution at the earliest    

Regards,   
Keerthana.   

MT mike taylor August 3, 2017 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Thanks for that, 

The RTE wroks locally no problem, however i added your code and this also worked locally.

As soon as i upload the code to remote hosted server the RTA throws error of 'NOT FOUND' as shown on example http://joeboydpersonaltraining.co.uk/tblblogs/create

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 4, 2017 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Mike,    

On looking into the provided link, we suspect that the issue occurs due to the method name mentioned in AjaxAction which is not hit due to improper path.   

Please refer the below screenshot    

Please ensure this and provide the correct path of the method from controller based on your application.    

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

MT mike taylor August 4, 2017 01:58 PM UTC

Hi this is odd as the code works perfectly locally, my code and yours. But when hosted it doesn't work. The path you mentioned is correct and the files and methods are all there. Its literally copied and pasted from your code example.

Mike

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 7, 2017 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Mike, 

A new incident has been created under your account to check the reported issue .Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.   
    

Regards, 
Keerthana 

MT mike taylor August 8, 2017 03:39 PM UTC

Hi

I have managed to sort this.

it turns out my remote copy had an old copy of syncfusion. once this was updated it all works fine.

This one is on me, thank you for your help.

Mike

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 9, 2017 03:49 AM UTC

Hi Mike, 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please get back to us if you require further assistance on this. We will be happy to assist you 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon