We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Chart Value labels in Radar chart

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

131860 Jul 31,2017 06:56 PM UTC Aug 3,2017 10:42 AM UTC ASP.NET Core 3
Tags: DocIO
Pieter van Kampen
Asked On July 31, 2017 06:56 PM UTC

Hi,
I have the following stacked Radar chart in a Word Document, created using DocIo in Asp.Net Core. The category labels are on the outer edge of the radar chart and correctly displaying as text. However, the value labels are displayed as 0 to 7, in the middle of the chart. I would like to display labels there too. 0= "", 1= "very low", 2="low", etc.

I have these labels in the chart data:chart.ChartData[1, 6, scoreTable.Count + 1, 6]
How can I add these to the chart instead of these numbers?
Thanks,
Pieter

Sethumanikkam Yogendran [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 2, 2017 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Pieter,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

How can I add these to the chart instead of these numbers?
On further analyzing with the given details, we found that your requirement is to set text for the value axis in the radar chart. As per Microsoft Office chart behavior, value axis only shows the numeric values and radar chart only has value axis. There’s no category axis for radar chart.

So, it is not possible to set values other than numeric for value axis in the radar chart.

If we misunderstood any of your requirement, then kindly update us your requirement with sample for clear description along with input document (if any) and screenshot/output Word document of the expected result which will helpful to provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sethumanikkam.Y

Pieter van Kampen
Replied On August 2, 2017 02:07 PM UTC

Thanks, that is clear. You understood my requirement.

Do you think either of these alternatives is possible?

a) place a text box over the graph with a value axis legend:

or b) remove the value axis altogether

Pieter

Sethumanikkam Yogendran [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 3, 2017 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Pieter,

Thank you for your update.

a) place a text box over the graph with a value axis legend:
We regret to let you know that the support for “add textbox/shape within the chart” is not yet implemented and we have already logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will let you know once this feature has been implemented.

b) remove the value axis altogether:
You can remove/hide the value axis from radar chart by changing the label position. Please refer the below code snippet, and let us know if this helps you.

chart.PrimaryValueAxis.TickLabelPosition = OfficeTickLabelPosition.TickLabelPosition_None; 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sethumanikkam.Y

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;