We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Dataset

Hello!
How do I create a datasource and a dataset without a query string?
Attached, there is a report that is the same as the template I want to create.
How was the dataset of this attached report made?

Regards!
Carlos

Attachment: DatabindingRemote_80ec341b.rar

14 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 1, 2017 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Components. 

You can create report with datasource and dataset without query string using our report designer in RDLC design mode. You need to create a class object with required fields to achieve your requirement. We have prepared a sample and video demo based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from the following location. 

Also, please refer the below help documentation link for more details 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CJ Carlos Junior August 1, 2017 01:43 PM UTC

Hi, Vinoth!
I still did not understand how to build a new RDL / RDLC file.
In the example you sent me, the class object is developed in a desktop application and my application is web (ASP.NET MVC).
In the video, I see that the report designer connects to the project. How do I do this?
My report designer is different from the one used in the video.
Attached is the image of my report designer.

Attachment: reportDesigner_aa19ed0b.rar

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 2, 2017 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

We can see from the shared image that you are using report designer executable application used for creating RDL, with that you cannot able to design the report using class objects. In our previous update we have provided a standalone WPF report designer application project to create report from the class objects by changing the DesignMode property to RDLC. We request you to use the standalone report designer application to design the report using class objects and you can use those report in your ASP.NET MVC report viewer. Please refer the below help documentation for providing datasource to the report in ASP.NET MVC 

Also, you can use Visual Studio to create a RDLC report with business objects. Please refer the below MSDN documentation for more details. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CJ Carlos Junior August 2, 2017 01:27 PM UTC

Ok, Vinoth!
Can you send me the link for me to download the standalone report designer application?

Thank you very much!
Junior

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 3, 2017 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the update. 

In previous updates, we have already shared the standalone WPF report designer application project and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 4, 2017 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

You can also add class library assemblies in our report designer using “Add Reference” option while creating dataset and create dataset using those class assemblies. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CJ Carlos Junior August 9, 2017 02:26 PM UTC

Hi, Vinoth!

I would like to download the "Syncfusion Essential Report Designer" software.
Is there a link for me to download it?

Thank you!
Junior

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 10, 2017 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the update. 

In Syncfusion Essential studio dashboard, the ReportDesigner application is located under “ADD-ONS” tab and when we click the Report Designer icon the WPF ReportDesigner component is loaded in your machine as shown in below screenshot,  

You can obtain the ReportDesigner component exe file in below build installed location, 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ version\Utilities\Report Designer 

Also, you can download our latest Essential Studio Volume 3, 2017 (Version 15.3.0.26) under the following link. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CJ Carlos Junior August 11, 2017 01:46 AM UTC

Hi, Vinoth!
I would like to have the same version of "Syncfusion Essential Report Designer" that you use in the video you sent me to create the report using class objects.
Only that.

Thank you!
Junior

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 11, 2017 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

The ReportDesigner utility application provided in our Essential Studio build supports to create RDL reports only. Since, your requirement is to create report using class objects, it can be achieved only using the RDLC mode, due to this we had provided the procedure and utility application to use the RDLC design mode. The RDLC designer can be downloaded from the following location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CJ Carlos Junior August 11, 2017 02:11 PM UTC

Hi, Vinoth!
Unfortunately, I am not able to understand how to create rdlc reports.
I just wanted software to create rdlc reports. I do not know how to use the project you sent me in link to build new rdlc reports.
When I try to create by visual studio, the Report Wizard template does not appear for me to create a new rdlc report.
Can you send me the software that is used in the video you sent me so I can create rdlc reports?

Thank you!
Junior

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team August 14, 2017 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the update. 

We would like to setup a web meeting to look into it and provide a solution for your requirement. So, a support incident to track the status of this future has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,

Yuvaraj D. 

CJ Carlos Junior August 23, 2017 03:18 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

My problem has been solved.
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Junior

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 23, 2017 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon