We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrade from version 14.3.0.49 to 15.2.0.46

Problems after upgrading to the new version.

I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one.

Added the new references in the project.

Changed the assembiles versions in web.config file.

Copied the new js files from installed directory

But when I open the view with, for example, DatePickerFor control,

I'm getting this message

Did I forget something?
Everything was working fine before upgrading.

Thanks!
Bernard.

2 Replies

BJ Bernard Jurlina July 26, 2017 05:56 AM UTC

I figured it out. 
It's working again after I added the assemblies for .net 4.5, not for .net 4.6.

So, where the assemblies version 15.2460... are used?

Thanks!
Bernard.

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team July 26, 2017 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Bernard, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
We have checked with tour query. We suspect that you have migrated the Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC application by manually. We suggest you to utilize the Syncfusion Migration Visual Studio Extension to migrate the Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC application from one Syncfusion version to another. Please refer the below link to know more about the Syncfusion Migration extension.  
.NET Framework version-based assemblies 
The assemblies based on the version of the .NET Framework are packed under the folders namely 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.6 available in the above specified location. Some of the important assemblies available based on the .NET frameworks under each folder (3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.6) are listed below, 
Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll 
Syncfusion.EJ.dll 
Syncfusion.EJ.Export.dll 
Syncfusion.EJ.Olap.dll 
Syncfusion.EJ.PdfViewer.dll                                             
Syncfusion.EJ.ReportViewer.dll 
Syncfusion.Olap.Base.dll 
Syncfusion.Linq.Base.dll 
Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll 
Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll 
Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll 

MVC version-based assemblies 

The assemblies based on the version of the MVC Framework (MVC3, MVC4, MVC5) are packed under the folder namely MVC available in the below location, 

(installed location)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\precompiledassemblies\ 15.1.0.41\MVC 

For example, if you have installed the Essential Studio package within C:\Program Files (x86), then navigate to the below location, 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\precompiledassemblies\ 15.1.0.41\MVC 

Some of the important assemblies available based on the MVC versions (within each folder namely MVC3, MVC4, MVC5) in the above specified location are listed below, 
Syncfusion.EJ.Mvc.dll 
Syncfusion.DocIO.Helper.Mvc.dll 
Syncfusion.Pdf.Helper.Mvc.dll 
Syncfusion.XlsIO.Helper.Mvc.dll 
Syncfusion.PdfViewer.Mvc.dll 
If still you are facing problem please get back to us with more that will help us to provide exact solution. 
Regards, 
Berly B.C 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon