We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MySQL data source through ODBC Connection Error

I try to add MySQL data source through ODBC Connection data connection type in Dashboard platform.

I did all accordingly to documentation.

But when I try to connect an error occurs: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

I used DSN and drivers connection type. in both cases error.

Screenshot is attached.

7 Replies

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team July 25, 2017 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support with detailed information.  

Could you please let us know whether you have installed “MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode driver” in your machine. If not, please install this driver from the below link.  

If you installed this driver in your machine already, please create a DSN by using this driver in your machine before connecting our dashboard designer application with your MySQL server.  

Setting up an ODBC-enabled Oracle database: 
  1. Navigate to the Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools folder location.
  2. Double click the ODBC Data Sources (32-bit) tool to open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit) dialog.
  3. Select the System DSN or User DSN tab where the data sources already available get listed in the list. Click Add to select the “MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode driver” and bind the preferred database to create a new ODBC data source.

Connecting to ODBC MySQL data source: 
To establish MySQL connection, click on add data source which displays New Connection window as shown below. 

1. Select ODBC Connection as Connection type in the New Connection wizard.
  2. Select Data Source Name (DSN) or the MySQL ODBC driver that you added, and bind the MySQL database path and Connect, to create a new data source for dashboard.

Note: For connecting MySQL Database through ODBC connection, ensure both MySQL driver and Syncfusion Dashboard Designer are installed on the same machine. 

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance on this.  
Regards, 
Umapathy S. 

IB Ilya Bo July 25, 2017 09:28 AM UTC

To fix this issue: 

All depends on combination of

Microsoft Visual C++  Redistributable Package

and 

mysql dbc connector

I tried last versions, also tried x64, etc..

But the only way that worked for me is to use:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 (32 bit)

and

mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.4-win3

Does not matter you have 64-bit windows.

May be this info will be useful to somebody else.

Thanks!

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team July 26, 2017 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Thanks for your response and useful information. Our Syncfusion dashboard designer is compatible with 32-bit alone.  

Regards, 
Umapathy S. 

HO Howard October 4, 2017 03:04 PM UTC

I have had this same issue, the solution seems to work on the local dashboard designer but there is an issue when I publish the dashboard to my web server.

I have added the ODBC connection to the web server and successfully tested it.

When I add the data source using the ODBC connection the dashboard says there is an ODBC issue when I use the DNS that I set up it just says widget not configured.

What checks should I run on the dashboard to ensure that the ODBC connection works, and should I be aware of any naming conventions etc?

AR Anandaraj Radhakrishnan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2017 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Howard, 

We are unable reproduced the reported issue at our end. We hope that you are using latest dashboard designer and server version 2.3.0.32. Also, please confirm whether the Dashboard Designer and Dashboard Server installed in same machine. If no, please check whether the Dashboard Server installed machine have a permission to access your MYSQL database. If possible, please share us the error log from following locations along with replication procedure and screenshots to understand your issue more clearly also to provide you the solution at earliest. 
Error log location: C:\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\DashboardServer.Web\DashboardService\ErrorLog 
C:\ProgramData\Syncfusion\DashboardDesigner\2.3.0.32\IISExpress_DashboardService\ErrorLog 

Regards, 
Anandaraj R 

DV Deon Visser November 21, 2017 10:13 AM UTC

Are you saying the connector only works in a 32bit environment? Who still even has 32bit environments. That died 10 years ago. So tried with 64bit. Did not work. 32bit does work.

DG Dhivyabharathi Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 23, 2017 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Deon, 

Currently our application supports only 32-bit drivers because we have developed our Dashboard application based on 32-bit environment (for better compatibility in 32-bit and 64-bit OS). So kindly use 32-bit drivers for ODBC connection types. 

Regards, 
Dhivya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon