We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PdfViewer crash during on Android during Unload

Hi Support:I have a page which has many links to open a different pdf file.  I got errors randomly errors after doing the Unload, but always happen.{System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  at Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.Droid.ScrollViewEx.RemoveAllInstances () [0x00004] in :0   at Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.Droid.ScrollViewEx.Unload (System.Boolean isDisposeCompletely) [0x00073] in :0   at Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.Droid.ScrollViewEx.Unload () [0x00000] in :0   at Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.Droid.PdfDependencyServices.Unload (System.Object nativeObject) [0x00000] in :0   at Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.SfPdfViewer.Unload () [0x0000c] in :0  Also I would like to know If the user is going to open different files (one at the time), should I call the Unload before a opening a new file ?Thank inadvancedDavid

3 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team July 24, 2017 12:42 PM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We were able to reproduce the issue at our end. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates  

Please let me know if you have any questions.   

Regards, 
Sathish 

SB Silvano Babini June 5, 2018 09:00 AM UTC

Hi support,

Any update to this bug, i'm not able to use your plugin due to the crash of app unloading the ContentPage. (only if pdf is showed in a scrollview)
I got this error:

CountDownTimerEx.OnTick (System.Int64 millisUntilFinished)

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.Droid.ScrollViewEx'.

JniPeerMembers.AssertSelf (Java.Interop.IJavaPeerable self)
    JniPeerMembers+JniInstanceMethods.InvokeNonvirtualInt32Method (System.String encodedMember, Java.Interop.IJavaPeerable self, Java.Interop.JniArgumentValue* parameters)
    View.get_ScrollY ()
    CountDownTimerEx.OnTick (System.Int64 millisUntilFinished)
    CountDownTimer.n_OnTick_J (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this, System.Int64 millisUntilFinished)
    (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object.5f69dcd6-f9c9-4e0a-a4c0-b3836ecde1e5(intptr,intptr,long)

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team June 6, 2018 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Silvano,   

The issue “ObjectDisposedException occurs in PdfViewer when unloading ContentPage” has been fixed and the fix will be included in our Essential Studio 2018 Volume 2 release which is expected to be available in June 2018.   

If you need the fix earlier than the public release kindly create a support incident under you Direct-Trac account.   

Best,  
Navaneetha Kannan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon