We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

how to window.print() to print syncfusion grid properly

Hi, I'm having a problem with window.print() to print the page that includes syncfusion grid.

as attached picture, it prints OK except syncfusion grid part. (the syncfusion grid width is larger than A4 width).

I'm not going to use syncfusion print button at this stage, cause it prints not the other components, just only grid.

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Attachment: syncfusion_grid_breaks_f79aed91.zip

5 Replies

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team July 17, 2017 12:50 PM UTC

DS Dongil Shin July 17, 2017 10:52 PM UTC

Hi, What I mean by was to print the whole page with syncfusion grid and other html(bootstrap components).

so I used window.print() - javascript. It prints other html(bootstrap components) but does not print the syncfusion grid part properly.

please have a look at my previous attached screenshot thoroughly.

please give me a response soon.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team July 18, 2017 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Dongil,  

We are sorry for the inconvenience.  

We are unable to reproduce any problem at our end. We have prepared a sample as per the given information that can be downloaded from the following location. 

If you are still facing any problem, please share the following details to analyze the problem at our end.  

1. View page of the respective application
  2. Master page of your application
  3. Version of the Essential Studio

Before printing:  

After Generating as Document: 

Regards,  
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S. 

DS Dongil Shin July 19, 2017 12:12 AM UTC

Hi I'm attaching my source code.

basically, the index.cshtml has a partial view for the syncfusion grid.

so, there are other html components as well as syncfusion grid, I need to print them all. so, I use window.print(); - javascript.

the point is that if I use window.print(); then it prints other html components well inside A4 page. but the syncfusion grid part's width is larger than A4 width.

so, it looks out of boundary.

Do I have to modify css for syncfusion grid?

Please give me a response.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Attachment: _StarGrid_ced8bbb1.zip

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team July 19, 2017 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Customer,  

We are unable to reproduce the problem at our end. We have prepared a sample with the provided code examples that can be downloaded from the following location.  

Please share the master page of your application and CSS files referenced in your application. If possible, you can reproduce the issue with the attached sample and send back to us. 

Moreover, we have also noticed that you are using Responsive with the Child Grid. Grid doesn’t provide support with the Responsive and Child Grid. So we suggest to remove the IsResponsive and MinWidth properties of the Grid.  

Regards,  
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon