We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfListView: Swipe gesture not working on ios

Hello,
I am facing problem with swipe gesture of sfListview. I have implemented Xamarin forms's Master-Detail page for side menu(Navigation Drawer). i have used sfListview for listing data. But sfListview swipe gesture is not working on ios. whenever i swipe on screen side menu is opening but listview swipe is not working. Can you provide working sample of this urgently. 
Thanks

14 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team July 7, 2017 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Rajveer, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

We have checked the reported issue “Swiping is not working when loaded in MasterDetailPage in iOS platform” at our end and we would like to let you know that when SfListView is loaded under MasterDetailPage with AllowSwiping as “true”, we have some limitations in iOS platform which we have mentioned below. 

• In iOS, when swipe suddenly carousel swipe is happened. If want to swipe ListViewItem, touch and hold on a item for some fraction of second (0.25 - 0.5 seconds) and then swipe.
  • When swipe on any Item, SfListView handles the touch and swipe the ListViewItem.
  • After swiped on ListViewItem, SwipeView is loaded along with ListViewItem. Then, if swipe on SwipeView element, Carousel view or MasterDetailPage is swiped. Else, swipe on ListViewItem, SfListView handles touch and swipe the item as usual.
  • If swipe on Header, Footer or Group Header elements, Carousel view or MasterDetailPage is swiped in Android platform. But in UWP, first swipe on those elements will handled by SfListView itself, since unable to pass Manipulation to parent immediately and then second swipe will be listened by Carousel view or MasterDetailPage.

Also, we have ensured the same with our sample by enabling the swiping and it works as expected. For your reference, we have attached the sample and you can download it from the below link. 

Could you please check with the above sample? If the issue still persist at your end, we request you to modify the above sample to reproduce the issue and revert us with the replication procedure or in video link. So, that we could able to analyze the issue better and update you an appropriate solution. 

Similarly, we have some limitations when loaded under CarouselView and you can refer the following UG documentation link for more information. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JB Jeff Bowman March 31, 2018 04:18 PM UTC

Hi,

I came across this thread, when looking for a fix where "Swipe on iOS doesn't seem to work', and it appears that the first item in the list where we have to hold the list view item for 0.25 - 0.5 seconds before we can swipe will make it so that swipe does indeed work..

My question is, is there a workaround for this.. because it is very non-intuitive to have a user need to hold before swiping.. and we can't really convey this to them.

Regards,

-Jeff

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team April 2, 2018 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, 

Unfortunately there is no possible work around available to overcome the reported behavior. When swiping over an list item immediately, the touch will be passed to its parent element and the page gets navigated in case of CarouselPage or MasterDetailPage in iOS platform. So to pass the touch for SfListView item, it has to be hold down for a few milli-seconds to perform swipe operation. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu kumaran. 

JB Jeff Bowman replied to Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam April 6, 2018 02:53 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, 

Unfortunately there is no possible work around available to overcome the reported behavior. When swiping over an list item immediately, the touch will be passed to its parent element and the page gets navigated in case of CarouselPage or MasterDetailPage in iOS platform. So to pass the touch for SfListView item, it has to be hold down for a few milli-seconds to perform swipe operation. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu kumaran. 

Thanks you Muthu,

If I am using a non-master detail page where this is required, can I work around it then?

Regards,

-Jeff

RS Rawoof Sharief Muthuja Sherif Syncfusion Team April 6, 2018 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, 

We would like to let you know that swiping a list view item is working fine in normal case. The limitations of swiping is applicable only for MasterDetailPage and CarouselPage as we have mentioned in the UG documentation please check the below link. 

We have prepared the simple sample for your reference and you can download it from below link. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance.     

Regards,  
Rawoof M.  

NC Niels Cup replied to Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam April 17, 2018 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, 

Regards, 
G.Muthu kumaran. 

One more limitation that triggers this behaviour, I just encountered, is if you are using PanGestureRecogniser on your page like this:

var panGesture = new PanGestureRecognizer();
panGesture.PanUpdated += PanGesture_PanUpdated;
Content.GestureRecognizers.Add(panGesture);

I am not using MasterDetailPage or Carousel. I also thought swiping wasn't working on iOS.
My workaround for this case is to remove the panGesture before showing the page that contains the swipable listview, and add it back again when navigating away:

Content.GestureRecognizers.Remove(panGesture);  

RS Rawoof Sharief Muthuja Sherif Syncfusion Team April 18, 2018 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Niels, 

Thanks for your update and we will let you know that the swiping worked as per the limitation of Master Page/Carousel Page in our UG documentation. So, we will consider this also in limitations of swiping in UG documentation., 

Regards, 
Rawoof M. 

MS Maulik Sakhare replied to Rawoof Sharief Muthuja Sherif August 2, 2018 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Niels, 

Thanks for your update and we will let you know that the swiping worked as per the limitation of Master Page/Carousel Page in our UG documentation. So, we will consider this also in limitations of swiping in UG documentation., 

Regards, 
Rawoof M. 

Is this issue fixed now?

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team August 3, 2018 09:19 AM UTC

Hi Niels 

Still we need to analyze furthermore about this requirement, we have not fixed this issue. 

We have published the limitations of swiping in our UG documentation, please find the below UG link for more details about limitation of swiping in SfListView control. 

Regards 
Vigneshkumar R 

JM Jiri Matejka March 19, 2019 10:26 PM UTC

Hello,

just came across this issue too. Am on latest stable version and it seems that it's still not fixed. Any plan to fix that in near future?

thanks

Jiri

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 20, 2019 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Jiri, 

We don’t fix this issue and as mentioned in our previous update we already added this in our Swiping limitations. When swiping over a list item immediately, the touch will be passed to its parent element and the page gets navigated in case of CarouselPage or MasterDetailPage in iOS platform. So, to pass the touch for SfListView item, it must be hold down for a few milli-seconds to perform swipe operation. This is the actual behavior when loaded within Carouselpage or MasterDetailPage. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 
Deivaselvan 

PH Phil September 27, 2019 06:57 PM UTC

As the Xamarin ListView does not behave this way is there no solution to this? 

Having to 'press' then swipe, when you are used to just swiping, is not natural.We are going to be inundated with complaints from our customers that swiping does not work. 

SR Sangeetha Raju Syncfusion Team September 30, 2019 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Phil, 

We would like to inform you that the parent handles the touch event when using SfListView inside the MasterDetailPage. Hence, we can’t able to make both the MasterPage popover and Swiping to work simultaneously. So, we can’t able to overcome the limitation as mentioned earlier. We have to ‘Press and Hold’ the item for certain milliseconds to swipe. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sangeetha Raju. 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 5, 2021 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Gayathri, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

As we have mentioned in our previous updates, the reported scenario is a limitation in SfListView swiping with MasterDetailsPage. Hence, we suggest you to touch and hold the item for some fraction of seconds (0.25 - 0.5 seconds) and then swipe when MasterDetailPage is used. 

Please refer to our user guidance document regarding the same, 
UG link:  

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon