We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SFAutocomplete is slow with large items collection

Hi,

I use the SFAutocomplete with DataSource. The datasource is a observable collection with over 6000 items.
And the app will crash on initialize.

I tried if the collection only with 1 items. it work fine.
Is there any performance issue with SFAutocomplete component?

9 Replies

CP Chozarajan Pandiyarajan Syncfusion Team July 7, 2017 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Seven,

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/ 

Regards,
Chozarajan P 

DB Daniel Brady July 20, 2017 01:52 AM UTC

I am also having performance issues with a large dataset under Android, although it seems to work fine on iOS.

Is there a resolution to this problem?

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team July 20, 2017 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. 

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A. 

UN Unknown September 15, 2017 01:00 AM UTC

I also stumbled upon this performance problem a few days ago. The SfAutoComplete is bound to an observable collection of about 1000 (int,string) items. When running the Xamarin Forms app in the iOS simulator the response is instantaneous, but when the app is deployed to some Android phones I discovered the response to each keystroke takes about 10 to 20 seconds.

This is show-stopper for me, so I'm very keen to know if there is any progress or good news on this issue.

Thanks, Greg

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team September 15, 2017 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Greg,

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Selva Kumar V.

GD gabriel de sousa September 28, 2017 06:56 PM UTC

Hello, I'm facing same problem, my list has 40000 items and after 20 minutes not load the page, but if I change to 10 items works fine.

I try using 15.3.0.29 and 15.3.0.26

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team September 29, 2017 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We are already working on this known performance issue "Loading more items take more time" on SfAutoComplete. This issue will be resolved in our Volume 4, 2017 release, which is expected to be rolled out by the beginning of November 2017.

Regards,
Selva Kumar V.

GD gabriel de sousa November 16, 2017 05:41 PM UTC

Hi, in the last update 15.4.0.17 works fine. Tks

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 17, 2017 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Gabriel, 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Selva Kumar V. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon