We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Moving toolbar items to the right side of toolbar

Hey,

I need to move some of the items to the right side of ejToolbar. How can I achieve that?

P.S. I add items to ejToolbar via dataSource.

10 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team July 5, 2017 07:22 AM UTC

Hi Me, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

If you have a single <ul> element without separators in toolbar, then you need to set CSS float property for both <ul> and <li> element. Kindly refer to the following code snippet.   

<style> 
   .e-toolbar>.e-horizontal.e-ul { 
    float:none; 
    } 
   .e-toolbar ul:last-child>li:last-child { 
    float:right; 
    } 
</style> 

Refer to the following link for the sample: http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/edlvtlpj 

If you need to move the entire <ul> elements to the right, you need to set CSS float property to right for the <ul> element. Kindly refer to the following code snippet.   

<style> 
   .e-toolbar>.e-horizontal.e-ul { 
    } 
</style> 

Regards, 
Prince 

ME Me July 12, 2017 05:30 AM UTC

Hey,In my case I have multiple UL, but would like to move only the last two, what is the best way to achieve that ?

ME Me July 12, 2017 05:30 AM UTC

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team July 13, 2017 08:33 AM UTC

Hi Me, 

Thank you for your update. 

To move only the last two <ul> elements, add a class to the <ul> elements and using CSS set float property to right. Kindly refer to the following code snippet.   

<script type="text/javascript"> 
   var tObj = $("#editingToolbar").data("ejToolbar"); // get the toolbar object 
   $(tObj.itemsContainer[tObj.itemsContainer.length - 2]).addClass("float"); //last before UL element 
   $(tObj.itemsContainer[tObj.itemsContainer.length - 1]).addClass("float"); //last UL element 
</script> 
<style type="text/css" class="cssStyles"> 
   .e-toolbar>.e-horizontal.e-ul.float {  
   }  
</style 

Alternatively, you can use the CSS alone to set the float property. Kindly refer to the following code snippet. 

.e-toolbar>.e-horizontal.e-ul:nth-last-child(2), .e-horizontal.e-ul:nth-last-child(1){  
    }  
</style> 

Regards, 
Prince 

ME Me July 18, 2017 02:49 PM UTC

Hey,

I used your part of code which uses addClass, bet there is not completely fine behavior:

1. Seperator is not moved to the right

2. After moving to the right, order is incorrect.

How can I fix that?

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team July 19, 2017 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Me, 

We have checked your requirement.  

Query 1. Seperator is not moved to the right 

Response: To move the separator to the right, you need to move it using CSS. Kindly refer to the following code snippet.    

.e-toolbar>.e-horizontal.e-ul.e-separator.float{ 
      border-left: 1px solid #c8c8c8; /* separator border color for default theme */ 
      border-right: none; 
} 
</style> 

Query 2:   After moving to the right, order is incorrect. 

Response:  By default, setting float to right for elements will place the elements in Right to Left order. If you need to change the default order, then you need to change the <ul> element order. Kindly refer to the following code snippet. 

<script type="text/javascript"> 
    $(tObj.itemsContainer[tObj.itemsContainer.length - 2]).addClass("float"); //Second to the last UL element  
    $(tObj.itemsContainer[tObj.itemsContainer.length - 1]).addClass("float"); //last UL element  
    tObj.element.append(tObj.itemsContainer[tObj.itemsContainer.length - 2]); //Moving second to the last UL element to last 
</script> 

Note: if you are moving the second to last <ul> element to last, then you don’t need to set CSS for adding separator, as it would also be moved along the element. 

Regards, 
Prince 

AG Agne July 19, 2017 02:13 PM UTC

Hello,

there is again one more problem now: after reducing to one button and returning back, order again incorrect.

How can I fix that?

Before resize (correct order):

After reducing and returning back (incerrect order):

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team July 20, 2017 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Me,   

After resizing the toolbar, try moving the second to the last element to the last. Kindly refer to the following code snippet.   

<script> 
tObj.element.append(tObj.itemsContainer[tObj.itemsContainer.length - 2]); //Moving second to the last UL element to last  
</script> 

If this doesn’t solve you issue, please provide additional information on the issue with code snippet or an issue reproducible sample. It will help us provide you solution.   

Regards, 
Prince 

AG Agne July 20, 2017 12:27 PM UTC

Hello,

How can I catch ejToolbar event when buttons are added into menuButton and removed from menuButton and added to ejToolbar again? Also, is there a way to know which button is added/removed? - I will need that because I want to move to the right only specific buttons, not all of them.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team July 21, 2017 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Me, 

We are unable to fully get your requirement, please provide us more information about your requirement. Also provide us a sample replicating your issue, it will help us provide you solution. 

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon