We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfListView item selection not possible in Release mode on UWP

Everything works fine in Debug mode but Selection doesnt work for me using release mode in UWP. I have already code in onLaunched as below

List<Assembly> assembliesToInclude = new List<Assembly>()
                {       typeof(Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SfListView).GetTypeInfo().Assembly 

I have also InputTransparent="True" on datatemplate

<sfListView:SfListView x:Name="listCategories" ItemsSource="{Binding Categories}" SelectionMode="Single" SelectionGesture="Tap" SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedItem, Mode=OneWayToSource}" ItemSpacing="3" AllowSwiping="False" SelectionBackgroundColor="Yellow" AllowGroupExpandCollapse="True" >

4 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team June 28, 2017 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

When SfListView is rendered in UWP platform with release mode, the custom controls will not render when deploying the application. So, you need to render the UWP renderer project of SfListView instead of SfListView as like below code snippet to resolve the reported issue at your end. 

Code Snippet[C#]: 
List<Assembly> assembliesToInclude = new List<Assembly>(); 
//Now, add in all the assemblies your app uses  
assembliesToInclude.Add(typeof(SfListViewRenderer).GetTypeInfo().Assembly); 
//Also do this for all your other 3rd party libraries  
Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(e, assembliesToInclude); 

For more information, please refer the following KB documentation link. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

EM Emil June 28, 2017 01:05 PM UTC

Hello, 

Please read my message above. I have already written that I included this into assembliesToInclude  and I am doing this for sfDataGrid and other Syncfusion tools but only sfListView doesnt work. it displays fine but selection doesnt work at all.

Thanks,

Emil

EM Emil June 28, 2017 01:09 PM UTC

opps sorry I was including only SfListView

what is the difference between assembliesToInclude.Add(typeof(SfListViewRenderer).GetTypeInfo().Assembly);  and assembliesToInclude.Add(typeof(SfListView).GetTypeInfo().Assembly); 

do we need to include both or SfListViewRenderer   is just fine?

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team June 29, 2017 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thanks for the update. 

The custom renderer projects such as SfListViewRenderer cannot be rendered properly in UWP platform in release mode due to Xamarin framework behavior and so the feature like selection, gesture events (tap, double tap and item holding) does not rendered in UWP platform. So, you can resolve the issue by initializing the SfListViewRenderer alone in App.xaml.cs file of UWP renderer project in sample level as we have stated in previous update. This issue has been already reported to Xamarin Team and please find the further details in the following link. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon