We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Javascript/Angular2 Reporting

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a any effort from Syncfusion to create a standalone reporting system (I know that there syncfusion has server based reporting platform). For what some of the things that we do, do not need a server based reporting system. A good example is jsreport.net. It would be awesome if Syncfusion has something of that nature.
Syncfusion is awesome. Thank you.

7 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 12, 2017 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have a standalone ReportViewer component in Web platform and you can view a RDLC/RDL file in ReportViewer component without integrating in Reportserver.  

Please refer to the below UG documentation to Create the ReportViewer sample, 

We have prepared a ReportViewer sample and it can be downloaded from below location, 

You can obtain the JavaScript ReportViewer samples from the below build installed location, 
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\version\JavaScript\ samples\web\reportviewer 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AK Albert K June 12, 2017 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for the reply.  What you mean is that the report RDL file is being executed on the client web browser and the data is pulled in via web api (returning json data).  There is no server side processing done on the RDL file.    Can you please confirm this?.  

Thank you.   

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 13, 2017 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

No, our ReportViewer control requires the WebAPI service to process the report in server side and render the report at client side based on processed result. We could not render/process the report without WebAPI Restful service (Server side).  

Please refer to the below UG documentation link to create WebAPI service, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AK Albert K June 13, 2017 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

Forgive me for being a bit slow in understanding your answer.   When you said that there is a need for WebApi service,  is it that the reportviewer component needs to run on the server or is it just to serve the data to the client. 

My little understanding of WebApi is a server service for query and return data (json format), correct me if I am wrong.  Thank you.

Regards,

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 14, 2017 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

Thanks for your update. 

Forgive me for being a bit slow in understanding your answer.   When you said that there is a need for WebApi service, is it that the reportviewer component needs to run on the server or is it just to serve the data to the client.  
In our ReportViewer, we will initialize the control in client side (JS side) and pass the client side values to server side (Web API service side) to process the report, datasource required to render the report. Based on the web API result the report rendered in client side. So WebAPI Restful service (Server side) is necessary to render the report in ReportViewer. 
My little understanding of WebApi is a server service for query and return data (json format), correct me if I am wrong.  Thank you. 
Yes, we will process the report RDL file in WebAPI service and return the JSON data to render the control in client side (JS side).  

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AK Albert K June 15, 2017 07:40 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thank you for the information.   One last question,  May I know if the ReportViewer component is coming to .Net Core ?.  It would add a lot of value for us doing cross platform development.  Thank you. 

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 16, 2017 05:05 AM UTC

Hi Albert,   

Currently, we don’t have ASP.NET Core support for ReportViewer control and we have already logged feature report for “Support for ReportViewer on DNX library for Cross Platforms”. This feature will be available in our Volume 3, 2017 Essential studio build release which is tentatively scheduled to be released in the month of July,2017. 

Regards,   
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon