We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ColumnSeries.TooltipTemplate returns object reference error

Hi guys,

It appears that I cannot get the tooltip template to work in Xamarin Forms as I keep getting System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

<chart:ColumnSeries EnableAnimation = "true" Color="#3366CC" ItemsSource="{Binding ChartData}" XBindingPath="YearEndDate" YBindingPath="Cash" Label="Cash" EnableTooltip ="true">
                <chart:ColumnSeries.DataMarker>
                        <chart:ChartDataMarker ShowMarker="True" ShowLabel="False" MarkerColor="#3366CC" MarkerBorderColor="White" MarkerType="Ellipse"/>
                    </chart:ColumnSeries.DataMarker>
                <chart:ColumnSeries.TooltipTemplate>
                    <DataTemplate>
                        <StackLayout Orientation="Horizontal">
                            <Label Text="My Money:" />
                            <Label Text="{Binding Cash}"/>
                        </StackLayout>
                    </DataTemplate>
                </chart:ColumnSeries.TooltipTemplate>
            </chart:ColumnSeries>

Could someone please help me with this?

1 Reply

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team June 9, 2017 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

It seems like the bug appears when using Xamarin.Forms 2.3.5.239-pre3 (prerelease version). Usually we don’t test our components against prerelease versions of Xamarin.Forms. This issue doesn`t occur in stable version. So we kindly request you to use the Xamarin.Forms latest stable version (2.3.4.247) to overcome this issue.

We have attached sample for your reference which can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130887/ze/TooltipTemplateSample1806306125

Please let us know if you are using prerelease version for any specific reasons. So that, we can provide you the custom assemblies built with that version of Xamarin.Forms.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon