We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Our website is not rendering the control on Azure

Hi Support:

We have an asp.net core mvc site using the Syncfusion latest version f(15.2600.0.40) from nuget and is running fine in locally in VS 2015.

Then I published it onto the Azure, but none of the synfusions controls are shown (No errors but no controls).

Is this because I didnot apply a license key. If thats the case, how can I apply a License Key from controls loaded from Nuget.

Thanks in advance
David

3 Replies

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 11:29 AM UTC

Hi David,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We have checked your query and we suspect that the issue may be due to missing of Syncfusion script and themes files. In your master page layout, please check if the dependent CSS and script files for rendering Syncfusion components are referred in production mode and staging as shown below.      

@* Include the references in both Development and production *@       
<environment names="Development,Production">         
        <script src="~/lib/jquery/dist/jquery.js"></script>       
        <script src="~/lib/bootstrap/dist/js/bootstrap.js"></script>       
        <script src="~/js/site.js" asp-append-version="true"></script>       
        <link rel='nofollow' href="~/lib/syncfusion-javascript/Content/ej/web/default-theme/ej.web.all.min.css"rel="stylesheet" />       
        <link rel='nofollow' href="~/lib/syncfusion-javascript/Content/ej/web/responsive-css/ej.responsive.css"rel="stylesheet" />       
        <script src="~/lib/jquery.easing/js/jquery.easing.js"></script>       
        <script src="~/lib/syncfusion-javascript/Scripts/ej/web/ej.web.all.min.js"></script>       
</environment>       

Also, if more than one jQuery files are referred in an application it will breaks our components. So please check whether you have referred two jQuery file in your production environment.  If yes, please do the changes in your application with single version of jQuery.     

Is this because I didnot apply a license key. If thats the case, how can I apply a License Key from controls loaded from Nuget. 

There is no separate licensing system available for Syncfusion NuGet packages. Syncfusion’s licensing model is per developer license. So, you no need to worry about deployment, if you have license for each developer.   

If the issue persists, please get back to us with more details that will help us to provide the better solution.    

Regards,    
Sasikala Nagarajan    

DS dsapo May 22, 2017 04:09 PM UTC

Hi Sasikala:

The problem was due with jquery duplication.  By default an ASP.NET Core website adds this to the layout (see in bold)

<environment names="Staging,Production">
        <script src="https://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jquery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js"
                asp-fallback-src="~/lib/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"
                asp-fallback-test="window.jQuery">
        </script>

<script src="https://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/bootstrap/3.3.6/bootstrap.min.js"
                asp-fallback-src="~/lib/bootstrap/dist/js/bootstrap.min.js"
                asp-fallback-test="window.jQuery && window.jQuery.fn && window.jQuery.fn.modal">
        </script>

<script src="~/js/site.min.js" asp-append-version="true"></script>
    </environment>
    <ej-script-manager></ej-script-manager>
    @RenderSection("scripts", required: false)
</body>
</html>

So I commented that and is working properly.  Could you explain me why this was causing the issue and if its good to comment all these or just the first script.

Thanks in advanced

David

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 23, 2017 11:19 AM UTC

Hi David,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support  

We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved at your end. Referring the JQuery file after referring EJ script reference will make conflict. As we said earlier, to avoid this we can remove the JQuery reference from production, else refer the EJ script files after this reference.    
Also, to get rid of the reported issue, we can use the noConflict method available in JQuery as given below.    

JQuery_V1 = $.noConflict(true);    
JQuery_V2 = $.noConflict(true);    

Regards,     
Sasikala Nagarajan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon