We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sample worked under Use Shared Runtime mode but not on device

Hi,

Last week I raised some queries on sfListView controls and I got the reasonable answers for my queries (thanks again for that),
I received two samples (one isn't compiling because it has mono.android missing issue- For that I am not talking that right now).

Another sample had missing references of sf* libraries which I nuget update and made the sample working (atleast for once)
The project had 'Úse Shared Runtime' and 'Use Fast Deployment' options checked under the Droid project properties, Fine for quick emulator deployment.
Once I saw it working I unchecked the properties and checked required supported architectures in advance properies (armabi,armabi-v7a and x86).

I have Lenovo K3 Note and A7000 plus a old Samsung Galaxy Pro for tests, and NOX player (3.8.2.0) as an additional check.
Now the problem is,  The application is not running in simulators as well as on real devices.

The build is sucessful, no problems and no exceptions are thrown, (Checked LogCat for simlutors which came clean).
I tried following things:

Tries to build by fiddling with different options like:
  • Generating APK for each architecture.
  • Generating single or generic APK 
  • Generating APK with Linking SDK and User assamblies
  • Generating APK without Linking SDK and User assamblies
None of the combinations are working with the said project.
Please suggest if there are any known issues and work arounds,
My other apps are working as usual so the enviornment is cool.

Please see the attached snap for your reference.

3 Replies

NB Nhilesh Baua replied to Nhilesh Baua May 20, 2017 06:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Last week I raised some queries on sfListView controls and I got the reasonable answers for my queries (thanks again for that),
I received two samples (one isn't compiling because it has mono.android missing issue- For that I am not talking that right now).

Another sample had missing references of sf* libraries which I nuget update and made the sample working (atleast for once)
The project had 'Úse Shared Runtime' and 'Use Fast Deployment' options checked under the Droid project properties, Fine for quick emulator deployment.
Once I saw it working I unchecked the properties and checked required supported architectures in advance properies (armabi,armabi-v7a and x86).

I have Lenovo K3 Note and A7000 plus a old Samsung Galaxy Pro for tests, and NOX player (3.8.2.0) as an additional check.
Now the problem is,  The application is not running in simulators as well as on real devices.

The build is sucessful, no problems and no exceptions are thrown, (Checked LogCat for simlutors which came clean).
I tried following things:

Tries to build by fiddling with different options like:
  • Generating APK for each architecture.
  • Generating single or generic APK 
  • Generating APK with Linking SDK and User assamblies
  • Generating APK without Linking SDK and User assamblies
None of the combinations are working with the said project.
Please suggest if there are any known issues and work arounds,
My other apps are working as usual so the enviornment is cool.

Please see the attached snap for your reference.

images not attaching so added one in zip file
Attachment: sample_change_d93b9a5b.zip

NB Nhilesh Baua May 20, 2017 11:33 AM UTC

Hi,

After deleting the sample project and updating the settings as attached in zip file, hours of head-hitting made the sample deploy-able on device.
I can understand that there are different architectures and the dependencies on Xamarin Forms dll also can impact the builds, I genuinely feel that there should be some way to produce a generic APK to support if not all most of the real devices.

I had been developing Hybrid applications using Intel XDK and DevExtreme in past years and had never been so frustrated with deployment.
Xamarin seems so fragile I always cross my fingers now when building for Android (I fear aswell, what will happen when I'll start building IPAs)

Anyways sharing the only setting that's working for me, at least now. 
Please suggest if there are any best practices to work with SyncFusion controls [ i.e. DOs and Dont's :) ].

Thanks.
Nhilesh Baua

Attachment: settings_433b1870.zip

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Nhilesh, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query 
Response 
Unable to deploy the application in android platform 
As we have checked the reported issue “Unable to deploy the application in android platform” at our end and the provided sample gets deployed at our end as excepted in the following devices. We suspect that the issue might be possible in the Android SDK manager or Android renderer project settings. Could you please check with the Android SDK manager and please refer the following link which might be helpful to overcome the reported issue. 

Link: 

Tested in Below devices:   

Android Phone Model : Moto G4 Plus         
Android Version : 7.0 (Nougat)         
RAM : 2 GB         

Android Phone Model : Samsung TAB A        
Android Version : 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)         
RAM : 1.5 GB         

Best practices of Syncfusion controls  
We do not have any specific practice for all our Syncfusion controls. You can refer the help document of the control to get the required details.  

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon