We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to change the default error message for the TimePicker

Hi Support:

I need to display a custom error message for the time picker. I tried this without success:

<ej-time-picker id="_Time" name="_Time" interval="5"
                            validation-rules='new Dictionary<string, object>() { { "required",true} }'
                            validation-message='new Dictionary<string, object>() { { "required","Required!"} }'
                            >

</ej-time-picker>

When I run the view, the error message that is displayed is: "This field is required."

As you can see, we want to display an exclammation character instead.

Thanks

David

3 Replies

PK Prem Kumar Madhan Raj Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 11:54 AM UTC

Hi David,   
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  
We have analyzed your query “to change default error message of timepicker”.    
Since the “validation-message” API of timepicker has been deprecated and replaced by “validation-messages” from “2017 volume 2 release”, please make use of “validation-messages” instead of “validation-message” to change the default error message.    
Please refer the below code block to change the default error message of the timepicker.   
    <ej-time-picker id="_Time" name="_Time" interval="5" validation-rules='new Dictionary<string, object>() { { "required",true} }' validation-messages='new Dictionary<string, object>() { { "required","Required!"} }'> 
    </ej-time-picker> 
For further details about features or breaking changes, please refer the release notes for volume 2 release.   
Regards,   
Prem Kumar. M   

DS dsapo May 22, 2017 05:21 PM UTC

Thanks Kumar for your help to solve this.

David

PK Prem Kumar Madhan Raj Syncfusion Team May 23, 2017 09:50 AM UTC

Hi David, 

We are glad to hear that the issue has been fixed. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  

Regards, 

Prem Kumar.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon