We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfCarousal

It is throwing error in xamarin forms,
I am facing Build Error.

4 Replies

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team May 19, 2017 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Kamta,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue "Build error occur when using SfCarousel" from our side and we have attached the sample which we have checked the reported issue from our side. Please find the sample from the below link.

So could you please provide modified sample which replicates the reported issue and stack trace details.

It will help us to provide appropriate solution on this.

Regards,
Rathanakumar S.

KA kamta May 19, 2017 09:24 AM UTC

As, I mentioned, the sample project works fine. But when I try to integrate it in my main project. I throws error, I have discovered that error is raised because of the this problem specific to this particular package ( Xamarin.Android.Support.v17.Leanback) which I believe is the requirement for this carousal view. And the error thrown is {"java.exe" exited with code 2.} 
As far as I know this is DEX 64К Limit, but enabling  Proguard and muti-dex And setting heapsize of 1G  did not solve my problem as well.

So, is there  a way, that I can use this Sfcarousal without implementation of  Xamarin.Android.Support.v17.Leanback  ?

KA kamta May 22, 2017 09:24 AM UTC

I tried implementing offset, rotation property in View mode :Default. But it's now working. 
Can you send me a sample of carousal view, where Rotation and offset works in Default mode?

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Kamta,

Thanks for your update.

We have attached the sample in which we have implemented the SfCarousel in Default Viewmode and customized the SfCarousel using RotationAngle,Scaleoffset,offset API's. Leanback package is not required for Default Viewmode. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130566/ze/CarouselKBSample-2034993844 

Note: Linear Carousel Viewmode requires Xamarin.Android.Support.v17.Leanback package only and it is not required for Default carousel Viewmode.

Regards,
Rathanakumar S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon