We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable.15.2120.0.40.nupkg question

Hi folks,

this is my first thread in forums. I did not find an specific forum for PDF. So I writte in general.

I'm using this nuget package to extract text and coordinates of a text. This is the code:

example

//Load an existing PDF.
PdfLoadedDocument loadedDocument = new PdfLoadedDocument(fileName);
//Load the first page.
PdfPageBase page = loadedDocument.Pages[0];
//Extract text from first page.
string extractedText = page.ExtractText();
//Close the document
loadedDocument.Close(true);

ExtractText is missing. And how can I get coordinates?

I must use a portable version because I do not need viewing engines, in WPF and UWP. I only need text features (text it self and coordinates)

Cheers

10 Replies

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team May 18, 2017 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Josep, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Please find the details below, 

ExtractText is missing 
At present we do not have support for Extracting text in the Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library. However, we have planned to implement this feature in our Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library. This feature will be available in 2017 Volume 2 Service Pack 1 release, which is expected to be available at the end of May 2017. 

how can I get coordinates? 
This can be achieved by the FindText feature in the Syncfusion PDF library. But at present we do not have support for FindText feature in the ASP.NET Core platform. We have planned to implement this feature in our Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library. This feature will be available in 2017 Volume 3 release, which is expected to be available at the end of July 2017. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

JO Josep May 18, 2017 10:27 AM UTC

I'm talking both ExtractText  and Coordinates in Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library, not  ASP.NET Core platform. Ticket assignment to ASP.NET Core is wrong

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team May 19, 2017 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Josep, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

At present, we do not support the ExtractText and FindText features in the Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library. As updated earlier, these features will be available in our future releases. 

Note: We are using Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library as a base project for both Xamarin and ASP.NET Core platform.  

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

JO Josep June 22, 2017 07:19 AM UTC

Due ExtractText and Text coordinates never will be available in Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable, how can I access to internal PDF objects using Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable?

At this moment I have access to Page object but I wish to access to obj ... endobj content.

Some information will be appreciated

Cheers

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team June 23, 2017 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Josep, 

We regret to let you know that the support for extracting the text from the PDF document in Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library is not provided in our 2017 Volume 2 SP 1 release due to some technical difficulties. However, this feature will be available in our 2017 Volume 3 release, which is expected to be available at the end of July 2017. The support of the FindText feature (which returns the coordinates of the given text from the PDF document) in Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable library will also be included in 2017 Volume 3 release. 

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

JO Josep August 7, 2017 03:30 PM UTC

Hi folks,

I tested ExtractText but I don't obtain text of any page. I tested ExtractText(), ExtractText(true), ExtractText(false) and I only obtain escape chars. I tested several PDFs. Does
ExtractText should return all page text separated by \r?

Cheers

Attachment: extractText_1def4f24.7z

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team August 8, 2017 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Josep, 

Thank you for your update. 

Please find the details for your queries in the below table. 

Details 
Query 
I tested ExtractText but I don't obtain text of any page. I tested ExtractText(), ExtractText(true), ExtractText(false) and I only obtain escape chars. I tested several PDFs. 
We regret to let you know that we could not reproduce the issue “Text extraction is not working properly” in the ASP.NET Core application. We have created a sample for your reference and you can download the sample from the following link. 

We suspect that the reported issue is specific to the PDF document. So please share us the PDF document in which you have faced the issue. This will be helpful for us to analyze further and assist you better. 
Note: The text extraction feature in the .NET Core is available from .NET Standard library 1.4 version. So Kindly refer the “Syncfusion.Compression.NETStandard14” and “Syncfusion.Pdf.NETStandard14” packages to achieve the text extraction from PDF document in the application level. 
Does ExtractText should return all page text separated by \r? 
The escape sequences “\r” marks the line breaks in the pages of the PDF document which is break text content between pages.  

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

JO Josep August 8, 2017 07:40 AM UTC

Can't send you pdf. it contains personal information.

Please close this thread. I will user other provider component.

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team August 9, 2017 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Josep, 

We have created a new incident under your account and you can please share the PDF document in the incident. We have an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) in place with our customers and we maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed by our customers to us. Therefore, any documents shared with Syncfusion will only be used to replicate the issue and will not be shared with anyone else. We request you to follow the new incident for further updates. You can log in to our support system using the following link,   

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team August 10, 2017 08:34 AM UTC

Hi Josep, 

We have moved your query to the new incident created under your account since it contains confidential information. We request you to follow the new incident for further updates. You can log in to our support system using the following link,    

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon