We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trouble editing first row in gridboundcolumn

I have a databound grid where I would like end users to be able to edit values in one of the columns. This works in the form I created except when the user selects the first row. When selecting the first row after the form has loaded, they can type their new value in but when they click on another cell to edit, the value they entered reverts back to the original value. This only happens in the first row and only right after the form has loaded. If they edit another cell first and then go to the first row it is fine. Any ideas? I am using gidboundcolumns.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2004 10:00 PM UTC

Here is something to try. In your formload, try setting grid.CurrentCell.MovetTo(-1,-1); This will make sure no cell is current when the grid first appears.

CS Carl Schmdit April 20, 2004 08:37 PM UTC

Well, I kind of got this to work for me. The first thing I noticed was that the MoveTo method doesn''t seem to come up in the intellisense for VS.Net even though it exists as a valid method for gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell. I am not too concerned about this unless it is indicative of a larger underlying root problem. The second thing that occured to me is that I have a text field set to the 0 tabindex onload. When I set the griddataboundgrid to be the 0 index and change the MoveTo to point to a row other than the first, it works for the user to select the cell in the first row, change, and persist the change. It doesn''t work, however, if the MoveTo cell is -1,-1. Obviously this isn''t ideal. It would definitely be preferable to have the form cursor start at the textfield. Any other ideas? BTW, specifying -1,-1 seems to make cell 1,1 selected. >Here is something to try. > >In your formload, try setting > >grid.CurrentCell.MovetTo(-1,-1); > > >This will make sure no cell is current when the grid first appears.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon