We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug in grid with no records

I have a grid with a datasource of a RemoteSaveAdaptor, which is then hooked up to a ForeignKeyAdaptor using javascript. The datasource uses json="@model.data", where data is a generic List<T> of the records. The records have (among other fields) 4 boolean fields, with edit-type="Boolean". (Note that I'm not certain that this is involved with the ForeignKeyAdaptor, or specific to the RemoteSaveAdaptor - I don't have any other grids at the moment that don't have data.)

If the grid has existing records, the insert & post works fine. However, if I try to insert a new record into the grid, the params get messed up, as shown in the linked screenshot: https://screencast.com/t/TgjoIOyr

Note that the booleans (including UnSliced and LightBake fields) have a value of "On". This is of course not recognized by the model binder in the server-side code, thus sending a null CrudModel value to the Insert action. When there are existing records in the original data, these boolean fields pass as false, as they should.

I've tried adding default.value="false" to the e-column for those fields, but it has no effect. Neither does actually clicking on the checkboxes to set the values - even if the checkbox is checked, the passed value is still "On".

I'm hoping there's a workaround for this, as it's currently a show-stopper for my next release.

brian

1 Reply

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team May 11, 2017 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Brain, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were able to reproduce the issue at our end. To overcome this problem, we suggest you to use type property of Columns in Grid. Because you have rendered grid with empty dataSource so we need to specify the type in Grid columns while rendering empty dataSource in Grid. Please refer to the below help document, code example and sample. 

<e-columns> 
    <e-column field="OrderID" header-text="Order ID" is-primary-key="true" type="number" validation-rules='new Dictionary<string, object>() { {"required",true}, {"number",true} }' text-align="Right" width="75"></e-column> 
    <e-column field="CustomerID" header-text="Customer ID" type="string" validation-rules='new Dictionary<string, object>() { {"required",true}, {"minlength",3} }' width="80"></e-column> 
    <e-column field="EmployeeID_FirstName" header-text="Employee ID" type="string" datasource="ViewBag.data" edit-type="@(EditingType.Dropdown)" text-align="Right" width="75"></e-column> 
    <e-column field="Verified" header-text="Verified" default-value="false" edit-type="Boolean"  type="boolean" width="110"  text-align="Left"></e-column> 
    </e-columns> 

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon